Skip to content


Returning students frequently asked questions


Re-enrolment is the process of updating your personal details and accepting the terms and conditions for the new academic year. It is part of the formal Student Contract between you and the University.

You are required to re-enrol at the start of each academic year, and you will receive an email inviting you to complete it on e:Vision.

If your programme started at a non-standard point in the academic year you are asked to re-enrol on the anniversary of your start date.

As a continuing student (including Postgraduate Research students) it is important that you re-enrol, as we may otherwise assume that you have withdrawn from the University

You can follow our re-enrolment FAQs which provide step by step guidance for each page or view this step by step video guide.

We also have an enrolment helpline which can be contacted at 01274 236161 (9.00-16.00 Mon-Fri) or email

Your new student card will be printed by the Welcome team once you have been transferred to your new programme.

Please come to the small hall in the Richmond building to collect it between 26 and 29 September.

We do not issue new cards to returning students.

If you need to change your student card you should contact the MyBradford team on 01274 236981 or email or visit us at either one of our locations.

Please note there is a charge for this service.

Module information can be found in Canvas when you are fully enrolled.

Details on accessing canvas can be found further down in these FAQs.

You can find further support for Canvas in this online student guide and video.

If you have queries about your modules or programme please contact your Programme administrators. Useful contacts can be found on the contacts page of the Returning Student website.

You have to re-enrol on the anniversary of your start date every year you are on your course. You will be sent an email inviting you to do this each year.

It is vital you re-enrol each year as re-enrolment is linked to Student Finance and also access to University facilities.

If you’re required to repeat a period of study at the University, and you plan on using student finance funding to pay for your tuition and provide you with a maintenance loan, you should be aware of the basic guidelines/rules that Student Finance use when assessing your eligibility.  As a basic rule of thumb, undergraduate students are usually entitled to funding for the duration of their course, plus one further year.  For most courses, this means that funding is available for 3 years (+ 1 year).  Whilst this is the general rule of thumb, there are other occasions where further funding may still be awarded – even if you’ve studied over 4 years.  Further information on repeat study can be found here.

Alternatively, the Money team would be happy to discuss your options with you; they can be contacted via:


Semester 1 teaching timetables will be ready from the 5 September.

Your personal timetable should show on the University Portal.

More information about timetables can be found on the Timetabling intranet site.

Timetables are subject to last-minute changes, please check regularly; or, you can change your profile setting to have change notifications sent to your University email account. It is advised that you subscribe to this service.

University systems

First, make sure you are signing in with your username in the correct format, for example (not ‘jrblogg2’). If you still can’t sign in, please contact IT Servicedesk on +44 (0) 1274 233333.

First, make sure you are signing in with your username in the correct format, for example (not ‘jrblogg2’). If you still can’t sign in please contact IT Servicedesk on +44 (0) 1274 233333


Once you’ve set a password for your IT account, you’ll be able to sign in to access IT information for current students on the IT Services intranet site. Here you’ll find information about computers on campus, your email account, online file storage, services like Microsoft Teams accessing WiFi on campus, software available, user guides, and more. 


Information, opening times and details about services can be found on our website and intranet site.

you can also access the library's Frequently Asked Questions page at

Career and Employability service

The Career and Employability service can provide all the advice you need to help you find a part time job and any other careers queries.

Please see our website for more information.

Unique Fitness

Unique Fitness is the University’s on-campus gym and sports centre which provides access to a swimming pool, as well as  a climbing wall, courts and pitches. We also offer a range of fitness classes, personal training sessions, and spaces for hire.

Based on campus our main location is next to the Chesham building on Great Horton Road, but we also have a further location on Laisteridge Lane just a few minutes’ walk away.  

Unique Fitness membership gives you to access the gym, pool, racket sports, climbing wall and all fitness classes for just £9.99/month or £100 for 12 months. We also offer a Joint Membership with UBU (student Union) you can see our website for more information.

University Nursery

Please visit the Nursery website and click the ‘Enquire about your child’s place now’ button to complete an enquiry form as the first step to enrolling your child.