Special measures in place to help you study from home
- Borrowing limit was lifted to 30 books. Renew books even with fines over £5.
- Only return books when the library re-opens. Books are now due back week commencing 1 June.
- Fines will not be charged on overdue items.
- NB! Many key texts are available online. Please use the Summon and catalogue search facilities to link to content.
A number of publishers have made additional online resources available to students working remotely. Please use Summon to discover existing and new content for your subject area.
Academic Skills Support - Are you looking to be more effective in your studying? Advice and guidance is available to help you develop your Writing and Study skills as well as Maths and Stats skills. Book an online appointment or email Academic Skills Advice for more information.
Support from your subject librarians
- All library workshops have been cancelled. Please contact your subject librarian for individual support.
- Support for PhD students and researchers is also available online.
- Online support for referencing is available, including a lecture capture recording of our referencing workshop.
- EndNote support is also available online, including the EndNote for Web workshop recording.
- Databases and subject specific resources
- Reading lists
- Bradford Scholars repository
- New books and books on order
- Our collections
- Reference materials
Using the library
- My Library
- Access online resources
- Borrowing and returning
- Group study rooms and equipment
- OpenAthens accounts
- Printing and photocopying
- Reserving and renewing
- Suggest a new book
- Visitor access
Find out about
- Inter-Library Loans
- Literature reviews and systematic reviews
- Open Access
- Academic Skills
- Collaborative partners
- Disabled users
- Distance learners
- International students
- Library FAQs
- School and college visitors
- Video guides
I’ve really liked the flexibility around library opening hours, as an environment for learning it's friendly and helpful.
Discover over 150 collections of rare books and archives: manuscripts, letters, photographs, artworks, newspapers, maps, pamphlets, objects, digital files, and even J.B. Priestley's pipes. A wonderful resource of images, stories and ideas for students, staff and members of the public.
Our research support team is ready to assist with Open Access, literature searching, increasing citations, etc either in person, or through workshops and events.