Our appointments are impartial, confidential and conducted in privacy, and are open to University of Bradford students and recent graduates.
Careers appointments - Coronavirus safety measures
For the safety of all our students and staff, from Tuesday 17 March all our careers appointments will be delivered remotely by email, phone or Skype.
Please book your appointment online using the following method:
Select a suitable appointment (all types of appointments below are available remotely) then please clearly state your preferred option:
- EMAIL APPOINTMENT - you can attach up to three documents to be checked. You should get email feedback by the end of the chosen appointment time.
- TELEPHONE APPOINTMENT - remember to include a contact phone number – the adviser will contact you at the stated appointment start time.
- SKYPE APPOINTMENT - please include your Skype username and email address linked to your Skype account. The adviser will contact you at the stated appointment start time.
Skype is available as a free download, please visit the Skype website for more information.
If you are outside the UK, please bear in mind the potential time difference between GMT and your location.
30 minute appointments
You can book a 30 minute appointment if you want help with:
- finding and applying for part-time jobs
- feedback on your CV or covering letter
- getting started with any aspect of your career planning
- finding work experience or internships
- finding and applying for your industrial placement year
- feedback on your personal statement or application form questions
- a general discussion on how to prepare for interview
45 minute guidance appointments
You can book a 45 minute appointment if you want help with:
- exploring your career ideas and the range of options open to you
- getting feedback on your CV and covering letter
- preparing for an interview
- a mock interview (please be aware mock interviews need to be booked at least two days in advance to allow us to prepare)
- preparing for assessment centres
- exploring course difficulties and a possible course change
MBA guidance appointments
We also offer appointments via phone, email and Skype if you are not in Bradford - please get in touch for more details.
Please quote your full name, course and UB number when making a booking.
See more about our services for MBA students.
- if you are late, the adviser may refuse to see you if it affects other appointments
- you cannot get support for academic course work through these appointments. Contact your module tutor directly if you require any help with an assignment. You can also get study skills help from the Academic Skills Advice service.
- We encourage you to take your own notes at your guidance appointments. Any notes a career consultant takes in your appointment are stored confidentially and destroyed after two years in accordance with the University confidentiality policy.
- We keep a confidential record of your visit on our client database. This helps us to keep in touch with you and is limited to the nature of your enquiry.
Codes of practice
See our student and graduate customer service statement and other statements of service.
We conform to the shared values of guidance as identified in the AGCAS Code of Practice on Guidance, Appendix A.