Our appointments are impartial, confidential and conducted in privacy, and are open to University of Bradford students and recent graduates.
Careers appointments - Coronavirus safety measures September 2020
From Monday 28 September will be offering a limited service of face-to-face appointments on campus alongside remote appointments via phone, email and video call (Zoom or Skype).
For appointments on campus, we ask that you wear a face covering at all times in the Careers waiting area and during your appointment.
Screens will be in place at all appointment locations, and regular cleaning and sanitising will take place throughout the day.
Hand sanitiser and other cleaning products will be available throughout the Careers space.
Booking your appointment
In My Career and Employability Centre appointments, select the *Campus drop down:
- University of Bradford for appointments on campus
- Video/Phone/Email for all remote appointments - please include your contact details and preferred contact method.
Then select the *Appointment Type drop down to select the appropriate appointment for you - see details below for more information.
You can attach up to three documents when booking for both types of appointment.
Quick queries appointments available every weekday from 10:00–12:00 and 13:00-15:00.
We can help you with:
- Getting initial feedback on your CV or covering letter
- Developing your CV
- Researching your career
Reserve a slot online - available as remote appointments only during coronavirus safety measures.
- These are initial information sessions, so at the end of your 15 minutes you may be referred to a longer guidance appointment for more specialist advice.
30 minute appointments
You can book a 30 minute appointment if you want help with:
- finding and applying for part-time jobs
- feedback on your CV or covering letter
- getting started with any aspect of your career planning
- finding work experience or internships
- finding and applying for your industrial placement year
- feedback on your personal statement or application form questions
- a general discussion on how to prepare for interview
45 minute guidance appointments
You can book a 45 minute appointment if you want help with:
- exploring your career ideas and the range of options open to you
- getting feedback on your CV and covering letter
- preparing for an interview
- a mock interview (please be aware mock interviews need to be booked at least two days in advance to allow us to prepare)
- preparing for assessment centres
- exploring course difficulties and a possible course change
MBA guidance appointments
We also offer appointments via phone, email and Skype if you are not in Bradford - please get in touch for more details.
Please quote your full name, course and UB number when making a booking.
See more about our services for MBA students.
- From September 2020, you will be required to wear a face covering at all times in the Careers waiting area and during your appointment.
- Hand sanitiser and cleaning products will be available throughout Careers, and there will be a screen between you and the adviser.
- If you are late, the adviser may refuse to see you if it affects other appointments.
- You cannot get support for academic course work through these appointments. Contact your module tutor directly if you require any help with an assignment. You can also get study skills help from the Academic Skills Advice service.
- We encourage you to take your own notes at your guidance appointments. Any notes a career consultant takes in your appointment are stored confidentially and destroyed after two years in accordance with the University confidentiality policy.
- We keep a confidential record of your visit on our client database. This helps us to keep in touch with you and is limited to the nature of your enquiry.
Codes of practice
See our student and graduate customer service statement and other statements of service.
We conform to the shared values of guidance as identified in the AGCAS Code of Practice on Guidance, Appendix A.