International students are an important part of the University of Bradford and we want to do all we can to help you with your career prospects and finding work during your studies.
Many international students work part-time and in vacations whilst studying as it can provide valuable work experience, enhance language skills and give insights into different cultures.
Which students are classed as International Students?
The UK officially left the European Union on January 1 2021, and as a result all students from outside the UK are now classed as International. Visa restrictions now apply to EU students, so please check the Visa Support pages and our information about working in the UK for updated details of the new UK regulations.
There is more information on the GOV.UK website.
Information and advice
Below are the links to our information, advice and FAQs about the practicalities of working and studying in the UK for international students.
Further help and advice
Support within the University
- University of Bradford International Office offers a range of advice on living and studying in Bradford including visas, working in the UK, study abroad and preparing to return home.
- Visa Support advisors offer drop-in sessions every weekday from 11.00am to 12.00pm, at MyBradford - Student Services, Richmond Building.
- The Language Centre offers a wide range of English language classes and support depending on your current level of English.
- The official British Council website offers a range of information about studying in the UK from regional and city guides to course search and scholarships.
- GOV.UK for information and application for work and student visas.
- UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) offers advice for international students about studying and working in the UK.