Skip to content

International Students

International students are an important part of the University of Bradford and we want to do all we can to help you with your career prospects and finding work during your studies. 

Many international students work part-time and in vacations whilst studying as it can provide valuable work experience, enhance language skills and give insights into different cultures.


Which students are classed as International Students?

The UK officially left the European Union on January 1 2021, and as a result all students from outside the UK are now classed as International. Visa restrictions now apply to EU students, so please check the Visa Support pages and our information about working in the UK for updated details of the new UK regulations.

There is more information on the GOV.UK website.

Career Development Programme 2023

A programme designed for current international students to equip you with the knowledge and tools to take charge of your own career journey. 

 An ‘in person’ intensive support programme aimed at international postgraduate students across all faculties. The programme will take place over 5 consecutive weeks in July (2 hours per week) with additional drop-in sessions and will cover: 

  • Job options with your degree and different types of vacancies 
  • Recruitment timelines in the UK 
  • Making a strong application (including CVs, covering letters and applications) 
  • Recruitment process (for example psychometric testing, assessment centres and interviews) 
  • Dealing with rejection 
  • Navigating conversations with employers about your visa and right to work 
  • Next steps 

Places are limited so please register your interest by Friday 2nd June at 12.00 pm by signing up here.

For additional information please contact Anna Fisher or Helen Bradley.

Information and advice

Below are the links to our information, advice and FAQs about the practicalities of working and studying in the UK for international students.

Help from careers

Career and employability services are here to help, and our services include:

Further help and advice

Support within the University

  • University of Bradford International Office offers a range of advice on living and studying in Bradford including visas, working in the UK, study abroad and preparing to return home.
  • Visa Support advisors offer drop-in sessions every weekday from 11.00am to 12.00pm, at MyBradford - Student Services, Richmond Building.
  • The Language Centre offers a wide range of English language classes and support depending on your current level of English.

Other resources