Career and Employability Services
How can we help you?
We offer a welcoming, supportive environment where you can access impartial careers information, advice and guidance from professionally qualified staff.
You can find us
- on Floor 0 of Student Central at the City Campus
- and Room TS1.22, Titus Salt Building at Emm Lane (students and graduates are welcome to attend either site).
We offer a range of appointments from Monday to Friday to suit your needs.
Below is an overview of our services for students, graduates, businesses and staff, plus contact details and our opening times.
For current students
Our team are here to help with all your careers-related queries from your first year onwards, so please get in touch to see how we can assist you.
Explore our range of services and resources to help you develop through your time at University and beyond, including help with all stages of the job seeking process, internships and placements, further study, career planning and more.
As University of Bradford graduate, you are welcome to access our services for up to five years after your studies, plus we offer specific opportunities for graduates including:
- The Bradford Graduate Programme includes career coaching and workshops to help you transition into your life after university.
The Bradford Graduate Internship Programme a 10-week paid placement to help you gain relevant work experience and improve your employability skills, with the potential for permanent employment.
- The Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Career Management in Practice our new flexible postgraduate qualification which includes a work placement and a programme designed to enable you to develop the insights and skills to enable you to manage your own career plan. Free places are available for University of Bradford graduates.
Services for business
We are always interested to hear from businesses who would like to be involved with the University. You can engage with students in a number of ways, including offering work experience and placements, delivering workshops, attending careers fairs and events and more.
To speak to one of us or to book an appointment:
Telephone: +44 (0)1274 234991 (ext 4991 for internal calls)
Book your appointment online at My Career and Employability Centre
For general enquiries please email: email@example.com
You can also find individual contact details on our team pages.
We would always prefer to see you in person, but if you are not in Bradford and can't come in, we can still offer our services by email, phone or Skype.
If you are booking online via My Career and Employability Centre please add your preferred contact method, contact details and attachment (if appropriate) in the your appointment request section.
If you'd like feedback on a personal statement, application, CV or covering letter, we can arrange for a career consultant to read it through and respond with advice via email. Send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org - please include your UB number and a contact phone number. When your email is received we will book a timeslot with a career consultant and let you know when you can expect a response (we promise to respond to all queries within five days).
You can book a telephone appointment by ringing us on 01274 234991. We promise to arrange your appointment within five working days.
- Skype appointments are available during our normal opening hours in term-time and vacations. We allow 45 minutes for these appointments.
- the careers consultant will contact you, so please sign in to Skype in time for your appointment.
When booking an appointment please make sure you have the following details:
- your degree course
- UB number
- telephone number
- Skype username
- email address – preferably the one linked to your Skype account.
Skype is available as a free download, please visit the Skype website for more information.
How to find us - City Campus
At City Campus, you'll find us on Floor 0 of the Learning Mall, Student Central.
Opening hours from 7 January 2019:
*Please note: the last appointment of the day will finish by the stated closing time.
How to find us - Emm Lane Campus
We also have an office at the School of Management, in TS 1.22 (Titus Salt Building).
Opening hours are different to City Campus, so please check details below.
From 21 January 2019:
Tel: +44 (0)1274 234376
Find us on Facebook
Our facebook page is facebook.com/unibradcareers. We have regular posts each weekday:
- Monday's Graduate Jobs and News
- Tuesday's Internships and Placements
- Wednesday's Careers Updates
- Thursday's Part-time Jobs Picks
- Friday's Workshop Previews