Career and Employability Services' key objectives are:
- To deliver a range of professional and impartial career education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) services to students and graduates.
- To deliver a range of professional placement and vacancy services to students and graduates.
- To deliver a range of professional recruitment and business development services to local, regional and international employers and business intermediaries.
- To contribute to the University achieving its Corporate Strategic objectives.
- To contribute to the University achieving its Learning, Teaching and Quality objectives.
- To deliver a range of opportunities for students and staff to go abroad (Study Placements; Work Placements; Short International Programmes; Teaching and Training).
We are made up of three teams:
Our Career Consultants offer one-to-one appointments throughout the year, with advice and guidance to enable you to make informed choices about your career plans and help you to achieve your aims and ambitions. They also run employability workshops and sessions within faculties, as well as teaching employability modules on certain courses.
Career consultant profiles
Information and Communications Team
Our Information Team are responsible for providing drop-in services to students, managing our website and social media, and promoting and marketing all our services.
Information and Communications Team profiles
Employer and Placement Services Team including International Opportunities
Our Employer and Placement Services Team work with a wide range of local and national employers, sourcing opportunities for students to gain work experience and employability skills through placements or part-time work opportunities. They advise and assist programme teams on the development of work-based learning activities in the curriculum and arrange for employer involvement where appropriate. The team also work with local and regional businesses to deliver a programme of paid student and graduate internships during the summer vacation or on graduation. They host regular careers fairs and other opportunities for employers to raise their profile on campus.
The International Opportunities team offers a wider range of opportunities abroad for our students and staff; processes applications and delivers induction for inbound exchange students; maintains and explores new exchange partnerships / opportunities abroad.
Employer and Placement Services Team profiles
Student and graduate customer service statement
In providing our services we aim to:
- Be professional and friendly in our manner at all times.
- Respect the diversity of our students and graduates and deliver our services with integrity, impartially and confidentiality.
- Do our utmost to meet the needs of all students and graduates and if we cannot do so explain why that is.
- Refer students and graduates to other services, within or outside of the University, as appropriate to meet their needs. Any referral will only be made with the agreement of the individual student or graduate.
- Work in partnership with other service providers e.g. employers, business intermediaries, within and outside of the University, in order to deliver and develop our services to meet the needs of students and graduates.
- See also the University of Bradford information on Data Protection.
Statement of Service for Students and Graduates
Statement of Service for Faculties
Statement of Service for Employers
GDPR Employer Privacy Notice
Professional codes and quality standards
The two published Codes of Practice that Career and Employability Services adhere to are as follows:
- Includes Core Principles and Standards:
- Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Professional Competence and Development
- Commitment to AGCAS
We are also aligned with the aims of the AGCAS Membership Quality Standard.
Part B: Assuring and Enhancing Academic Quality
- Chapter B3: Learning and teaching
- Chapter B4: Enabling student development and achievement
- Chapter B10: Managing higher education provision with others
Part C: Information about higher education provision