Careers Fairs and Events
We organise a variety of events to help you improve your employability skills, put you in direct contact with recruiters and give you information about specific occupations.
Find the details of our upcoming fairs below, and please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or comments about our events.
We also hold regular employability workshops on a variety of subjects, led by the careers team and guest speakers from industry.
Date and time: Thu 27 Sep 2018, 12:30 - 15:30
Our part-time jobs fair takes place at the beginning of the year to link up local businesses offering casual jobs with our new and returning students.More details »
Date and time: Wed 17 Oct 2018, 10:30 - 15:30
Our biggest careers fair of the year is designed to offer final year students direct access to employers offering graduate vacancies, and other undergraduates an insight into career paths available across all disciplines.More details »
Date and time: Wed 28 Nov 2018, 11:00 - 14:30
A new event for 2018, the More Than Your Degree fair will provide students with opportunities to develop skills and experience through placements, internships, volunteering and more.More details »
Date and time: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 12:30 - 15:30
Suitable for all students considering a career in teaching, featuring local and national organisations with a range of career paths into education.More details »
- The JOBS NOW Summer Careers Fair took place on the 24 May 2018. See the exhibitors.
- The Routes Into Teaching Fair took place on the 30 November 2017. Exhibitors list.
- The Health and Life Sciences Fair took place on the 1 November 2017. See the exhibitors.
- The Engineering, Technology and Management Careers Fair took place on 18 October 2017. Exhibitors list.
- The Part-time Jobs Fair took place on 28 September 2017. See the exhibitors.
Who are the careers fairs for?
The simple answer is everybody:
- First and Second Years - many employers and organisations advertise for placements and internships for middle years students. It's also a good idea to have a look around, chat to organisations and get a feel for the kind of organisations that you might want to work for in the future. There's also part-time jobs on offer, especially at the part-time jobs fair in September.
- Final Year students are the main target of the graduate careers fairs in October and November, as lots of employers will be recruiting for graduate roles for the forthcoming year. Each fair is targeted at certain sectors (see the fair details above). However, a wide range of industries and sectors will be represented, and don't forget that there are many roles and career areas within a given sector, e.g. management and accounting roles within the health sector.
- Graduates - previous University of Bradford graduates are welcome to attend and apply for the advertised positions, check the exhibitor listings for those accepting previous year's grads.
What can I expect?
For each Careers Fair we make the following information available to help you prepare:
- Exhibitors list with searchable opportunities by subject and type (this will be updated regularly up until each fair).
- Floor plans.
- Workshop schedule.
There will also be a CV clinic taking place throughout the day, with help and advice from employers and the Careers team.
Watch the video
National recruitment events
As well as the events we organise, there are also many other graduate recruitment events throughout the year that you may be interested in, which can be targeted to a specific sector or industry, employer, or focus on jobs by region.
How can I prepare for the fair?
- See our page on preparing for the fair for how to get the best out of the day.
- You can also see a student's advice for making the most of the fair on our blog.
- And feel free to come and see us in Careers if you have any questions on how to take advantage of the fair.