As a University of Bradford graduate you are welcome to use our all our services for up to five years after you finish your studies. However, we also have a programme that is specifically designed for graduating students to help with the transition into life beyond university.
Bradford Graduate Talent
Bradford Graduate Talent offers support for those who graduated with an undergraduate degree from the University of Bradford.
See the details of our offer to help you get ready for life after uni.
Our range of appointments available to graduates.
Graduate jobs by sector and faculty.
Advice for graduates considering self-employment and entrepreneurship.
Finding suitable courses, funding and applications for further study.
Details of our Alumni community and what it can offer you.
Find out your career options beyond University.
Explore the range of employability skills and find out how to develop them.
Graduates in England can receive additional help from the National Careers Service.
Connect with professional mentors from a range of sectors.
Details of the Graduate Outcomes survey
Find out about how to top up your skills with Massive Open Online Courses
The Graduate Workforce Bradford Project
The Graduate Workforce Bradford project has been set up to help boost the job prospects of black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) graduates across the Bradford Metropolitan district.
Visit our Graduate Workforce Bradford project website to find out more
Hear from University of Bradford alumni and students about their career journeys so far and aspirations for the future.
Future Learn: How to Get A Graduate Job
5 week course available for free - register on the Future Learn website.
Resources for graduates
We have a number of useful online resources available to help you through the various stages of the jobseeking process - see descriptions below of our different platforms available to you for free for as long as you need them.
If you have used these resources while at University you should have the option to update to a graduate profile using your personal email address, but if not don't worry, we can set you up - just get in touch with the Careers team with your contact details and UB number and we'll do the rest.
Handshake Career Centre
- Home of our jobs board featuring a wide range of opportunities, including exclusive listings for our students and graduates.
- Book your appointment with a member of our team.
- Create a profile, upload your CV and tailor your job seeking criteria.
- Plus, easily book your place at any of our workshops, events and careers fairs via the event listings tab.
- You'll be prompted to enter your university email but you should add your personal email, then choose the University of Bradford on the following page.
- Fill in your details as required, and once complete we will validate your account - this should be within a few hours during our normal business hours but may take longer on weekends and bank holidays, etc.
- Select Career Centre to access appointments, jobs and events.
- Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.
Build my career
Your career development portal has some great features to enhance your job prospects, including CV builder, interview simulator, assessment centre info and lots of career planning advice through videos, audio clips and interactive exercises.
Look out for the Graduate Job Success panel on the home page for a tailored set of resources to help you plan your career journey.
Graduates First practice test portal
You also have access to a range of full-length practice tests from Graduates First for free!
The portal includes:
- 10 Verbal reasoning tests
- 15 Numerical reasoning tests
- 15 Logical reasoning tests
- 3 Abstract Reasoning Tests
- 4 Diagrammatic Reasoning Tests
- 3 Spatial Reasoning Tests
- 8 Game-based assessment
- 2 Situational Judgement Tests (SJT)
- 7 IBM IPAT Tests
- Watson Glaser Test
- 3 CAPP Tests (Numerical, Verbal and Critical Reasoning)
- Workstyle Personality Questionnaire (WPQ)
- Question Identifier Tool (QIT)
- Automated Video Interview Practice
Plus a range of Assessment Centre Exercises and short employer insight videos and recruitment processes.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, UB number and personal email address and we will set up an account for you.
- expert advice - for finding job overseas, including information on work permits, visa regulations, cultural and relocation information
- country career guides – packed with country-specific career information, this research tool provides expert advice and insider tips for finding employment opportunities at home and abroad
- corporate profiles – access more than 400,000 country-specific company profiles in various industries such as manufacturing, transportation, consumer goods, consulting services, finance and technology
- worldwide job and internship postings – search for job openings in countries around the world. Listings are updated daily
To find out more, visit:
If you are having any issues with accessing GoinGlobal please email email@example.com
Mentoring programmes for graduates
Mentoring can be a great way to gain an insight into a chosen occupation, and there are a few organisations that can help to connect you with a professional mentor: