Research theme: Sustainable Societies
The growing need to develop truly sustainable societies has arisen from global issues which affect us all; countries which are riven by war and conflict; the depletion of energy, food, water and other resources, and weak governance and economic models leading to corruption and stark inequalities.
The academic theme of Sustainable Societies includes innovation and expertise in fields such as sociology, business and economics, archaeology and heritage and peace and development. Our research supports growth in economic, political and relational well-being for current and future generations through globally-relevant resources and initiatives.
Below are details of the centres at the University of Bradford that promote such innovation, along with a selection of stories that illustrate some of our successes to date.
Research centres and institutes
Below are links to our specialist research hubs at the University of Bradford. There is further information about our work with external partners on our Strategic Collaborations page.
- Accounting, Finance and Economics
- Business Analytics, Circular Economy & Entrepreneurship (BACE)
- International Business, Marketing & Strategy (IBMS)
- Archaeological and Forensic Sciences
- Peace Studies & International Development
- Social Work and Social Care
- Sociology and Criminology
- Inclusion and Diversity
- Dr Karina Croucher - The Role of Archaeology in Grief
- Continuing Bonds: exploring the meaning and legacy of death through past and contemporary practice
- Visualising Heritage - 3D modelling of archaeological artefacts and monuments
- Visualising Heritage continued
- Stonehenge Hidden Landscapes
- Research in Conversation - Continuing Bonds, Understanding Bereavement
Peace and social studies
- Academic profile: Dr Samina Karim
- Academic profile: Prof Fiona Macaulay
- Changing police attitudes and practices around violence against women and girls in Brazil
- Research in Conversation - Policing Gender-Based Violence (video)
- Dr Samina Karim - Tackling Child Abuse in Pakistan
- Research in Conversation - Building Resilience Through Heritage (video)