Centre for Sustainable Environments
Working across three of the four University of Bradford Faculties, we are leading on interdisciplinary approaches that integrate technological, organisational and societal solutions to meet contemporary environmental challenges.
The Centre is home to a dedicated team of specialists, and champions four main themes:
- Water engineering and natural environment
- Steel-concrete composite structures and circular economy
- Concrete and geotechnical engineering
- Acoustic engineering and management
These industry themes address directly the 21st century challenges facing the civil engineering profession – reducing waste and developing more sustainable construction materials.
- Behaviour of Stainless Steel Composite Structures
- Effect of bed roughness on the spreading and dilution of gravity currents
- Environmental assessment of offshore wind energy devices
- Fibre Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Stay In Place (SIP) formwork for structural concrete elements
- Flow characteristics and sediment transport in vegetated compound channels
- Geopolymer reinforced concrete structural elements
- Innovative slim floor system for composite constructions
- Self Sensing reinforced concrete structural elements
- Structural Behaviour of Reusable Steel/Concrete Composite Floor Systems
View our current PhD projects. (Search for our research group).
We at the University of Bradford are proud of our track record for producing, exploiting and transferring useful knowledge and products to businesses and the community. Our team has an established record of accomplishment in providing support to the business and public sectors, as well as a long history of working in collaboration with a wide range of academic partners. We pride ourselves on our ability to turn 'ideas into action' and look forward to using our expertise to help you meet your future needs.
Association for Steel-Concrete Composite Structures
The ASCCS promoted international cooperation in the development and applications in steel concrete composite structures and organises the annual ASCCS international conference bringing together expertise on research in structural steel and composite and hybrid structures all around the world to promote international cooperation.
Our team has an established record of accomplishment in providing support to the business and public sectors, as well as a long history of working in collaboration with a wide range of academic partners. We pride ourselves on our ability to turn 'ideas into action' and look forward to using our expertise to help you meet your future needs.
The Centre's specialists in public and stakeholder engagement have a well-established record of accomplishment in facilitating dialogue and reconciling agendas between public institutions, such as local authorities, the private sector, and members of the public.
Our strength lies in the fact that we recognise that working in partnership can often achieve more than any organisation working in isolation.
Our experience has involved both researching the background to public / stakeholder engagement initiatives and post-hoc evaluation, so that future initiatives can be focused more effectively.
Meet the team
Professor of Computational Process Engineering & Head of School of Engineering
Bradford Centre for Sustainable Environments
University of Bradford
Professor Dennis Lam
Tel: +44(0) 1274234052