We have a great deal of experience in thermal methods for the study of materials and have some bespoke hyphenated approaches that can be particularly useful in obtaining complementary spectroscopic / diffraction data (DSC-Raman and DSC-PXRD).
Areas of Expertise
- Assessment of amorphous content by DSC, modulated DSC and DMA approaches;
- API and excipient compatibility;
- Hydrate and solvate quantification and identification by evolved gas analysed TGA;
- Simultaneous DSC-spectroscopic (Raman) assessment of materials for physical form / polymorph assessment.
Instruments and Facilities
- TA Instruments Q2000 Modulated DSC with refrigerated (RCS) and liquid nitrogen (LNCS) cooling; operation in standard and modulated modes;
- TA Instruments nanoDSC for solution studies;
- TA Instruments Q5000 IR TGA;
- TA Instruments Q800 DMA with air and liquid nitrogen (GCA) cooling accessories and RH accessory for humidity control;
- Zeiss Axioplan 2 Imaging Microscope with Linkam Hot-stage.