Chromatography, isolation and purification
The Centre houses a range of chromatographic techniques, including gas (GC) and liquid systems (HPLC, ion-exchange, size exclusion, capillary electrophoresis, column chromatography and preparative HPLC).
We have a range of sample introduction and detection systems that allow analysis of a range of materials with different characteristics:
- Agilent 6890 and 7890 GCs with FID, TCD and MS detection; liquid and headspace introduction;
- Waters 2695, 2790 and 2795 HPLCs with UV (VWD / PDA), Fluorescence, ELSD, RI, MS (Q) and MSMS (QQQ) detection;
- Thermo Accela UPLC with Orbitrap LTQ Ion Trap MSn and HRMS (accurate mass);
- Agilent 3D Capillary Electrophoresis with UV (PDA) detection.
Our core expertise covers:
- Developing chromatographic methodology for complex, problematic mixtures and materials not easily detected;
- Impurity isolation and identification;
- High-resolution mass spectrometry for accurate mass / molecular formula determination.