The Centre offers a wide array of microscopic techniques for interrogation of materials including pharmaceuticals (crystal morphology and amorphous materials), polymeric / nano-materials and biological samples.
- Optical (Light) Microscopy:
- Zeiss Axioplan polarised light microscope with Linkam hot stage.
- Electron microscopy:
- FEI Quanta400 environmental SEM (E-SEM) with Oxford IncaSight EDX;
- FEI Technai G2 F20 TEM with EDX;
- JEOL 1200 TEM.
- Confocal Microscopy:
- Zeiss LSM510 confocal fluorescence microscope with environmental chamber and 350, 488, 543 and 633 nm lasers;
- Nikon TE2000 confocal fluorescence microscope with environmental chamber and 405, 488 and 543 nm lasers;
- Nikon TE2000 equipped with MMI laser dissection set up.