We take a global approach
Here at School of Management true internationalisation is core to our ambition. We know how important it is to prepare our students for responsible leadership in a globalised market.
We have developed a wealth of international partners and a number of ways that we integrate international exposure into the curriculum. You can undertake our MBA at our campus in Dubai, participate in study tours, study placements, work placements and internships abroad or study online with us from anywhere in the world.
But, as well as reach, we also have international richness. More than 30 nationalities are represented at the Bradford campus. Over 60% of our students and over 50% of Faculty members come from outside the UK. We are part of the UK’s number 1 University for Social Inclusion with a student body and faculty who are representative of the international diversity in a global business world.
The internationalisation here tells me a lot about the character of the University of Bradford; it shows that they understand diversity and the international landscape. It reflects positively on both the quality of students and the quality of academics that teach here. Majed Yaghi, Senior Global Director at Coca-Cola, DBA Graduate
We work with our international programme partners in Dubai, Oman, France, Poland and Spain and have worldwide exchange partners in Hong Kong, South Korea and Canada. We partner with 14 European partners to offer Erasmus exchange programmes abroad and to host visiting students.
We have knowledge transfer partnerships with seven international partner institutions through our Jean Monnet Network from Burundi to Uganda.
In fact, we directly connect with partners in over 30 countries and work closely with them to build progressive, mutually beneficial and embedded international relationships for the benefit of our students and faculty.
You can explore our Partners and Markets in the list below.
We have a wealth of international partners and partnership types across all key global regional markets:
- Dubai (University of Bradford, UAE Hub)
- France (Audencia Business School & Toulouse Business School)
- Oman (College of Banking and Financial Studies)
- Spain (Deusto Business School)
Worldwide Exchange Partners
- Canada (University of Manitoba)
- Hong Kong (Hong Kong Polytechnic)
- South Korea (Yonsei University)
- Study abroad exchange relationships exist with over 14 European countries such as Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Turkey
Knowledge transfer and related Networks
Jean Monnet Network 'The European Union, Africa and China in the Global Age' - Partner institutions:
- Burundi (University of Burundi, CERFOPAX)
- China (Lancaster University, Shandong Campus)
- Greece (University of the Peloponnese)
- Kenya (United States International University - Africa)
- Rwanda (Protestant Institute for Arts and Social Sciences)
- Tanzania (Uongozi Institute of African Leadership for Sustainable Development)
- Uganda (Gulu University)
World Technology University Congress (University of Bradford, various nations)
- Brazil (Colegio Pentagono, Sao Paolo Brazil)
- China (Beijing Foreign Studies University, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Chinese Service Centre for Scholarly Exchange, Heilongjiang University, Qingdao University International College, Sichuan University, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics)
- Finland (Helbus Business School)
- India (Amity International University)
- Netherlands (IVA Business School)
- Qatar (College of the North Atlantic)
- South Korea (Busan University of Foreign Studies)
Memorandums of Understanding (selection shown)
- China (University of Changzhou)
- India (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade)
- Indonesia (Universitas Gadjah Mada)
- Jordan (Applied Science Private University, Tafila Technical University, University of Jordan)
- Malaysia (City University)
- South Korea (Korea University)
We provide extensive and developing Study Abroad, International Summer School and Study Tour opportunities, as detailed below.
MBA in Dubai
We established an academic hub in Dubai (UAE) in 1998 and our state-of-the-art facilities are located in Dubai Knowledge Park. In fact we were one of the first MBA programmes to establish a presence in the country. With our Triple Crown accreditation and accreditation from KHDA (Knowledge and Human Development Authority) in Dubai studying your Executive MBA with us means you have a qualification that’s recognised and highly respected around the world.
The flexibility of our MBA gives you options to study entirely in Dubai or in Bradford and also to have the option of taking a module in Toulouse.
Find our more about our campus in Dubai.
MBA Distance Learning
You can choose to study with us from anywhere in the world with our Distance Learning MBA. Offering you the maximum amount of flexibility but also a huge amount of support it’s no wonder our Distance Learning MBA is rated as 1st in the world for value for money and 3rd overall in the UK and is in the top 10 in the world as shown in the Financial Times Online Business School Rankings 2020.
Find out more about what it's like to study with us from Distance Learning MBA graduate Muzibul Islam.
As part of the University of Bradford, School of Management students have access to one of the most comprehensive exchange schemes in the United Kingdom. International experience can strengthen your academic performance, boost your CV, develop skills to expand your career prospects and help you to standout when applying for a job.
There are a range of opportunities from short programmes, study placements, work placements and internships ranging from one week to one year.
- Erasmus + Programme: exchanges for study and work placements in Europe for research students and for recent graduates
- International Student Exchange Programme (ISEP)and the Worldwide Exchanges: exchanges in almost any country in the world, covering study placements during the term time
- Overseas Placements: work placements, internships, volunteering and electives outside of Europe during the term time and summer break
Find out more about what it's like to study with us from postgraduate exchange student Nadia Maamoun.
International Masters Summer School
We are proud to host our annual International Masters Summer School (IMSS) 2021.
The School brings together Masters-level students from our own, as well as partner and collaborative partner institutions, principally from across Europe and the Middle East/Gulf countries. The focus is on key issues and challenges relating to sustainability, ethics and the circular economy. Find out more about our International Masters Summer School 2021 (IMSS) which is taking place online this year.
International Study Tours
Here at the School of Management we provide some fantastic opportunities for international study tours. These can give students a more informed global perspective, particularly in relation to understanding new international markets.
The School of Management, in partnership with Ahlia University (Bahrain) and Qatar University (Qatar), have launched an “Entrepreneurs across Borders” initiative. Our initiative aims to integrate the theory and practice of transacting business in emerging markets.
The tour includes a series of workshops and visits to multinational organisations, social enterprises and start-up/incubators. The programme also includes cultural visits, guest talks, and social activities with partner institution students and staff. This is a great way to make connections, increase your cultural awareness, challenge stereotypes and gain unique innovation insight.
Read more from one of our study tour student blogs.