Applied Artificial Intelligence
Combining science and art in the pursuit of progress
It’s Siri, Alexa, your recommended playlists on Spotify. It’s an AI-powered robo-medic to help doctors save lives, chatbots and neural network art.
A new generation of real-life jobs are needed to manage AI, and to understand it across a myriad of different industries and sectors. Our course is built around current and predicted industry requirements. It explores the complexities and potential for AI technologies and teaches the knowledge and skills needed to create innovative solutions.
To have the skills to creatively manage AI and to add your uniquely human intelligence will make you an indispensable member of the future work force. Future-proof your career prospects with our innovative degree.
As an Applied Artificial Intelligence student, you will have modules taught by our world-leading School of Management.
We are one of the few universities in the world to hold the 'triple-crown' of accreditations: .
Where Applied Artificial Intelligence can take you
The career paths open to Applied Artificial Intelligence graduates are exciting and varied. A.I. is having a growing impact on a range of different industries and professionals who understand how to best apply the new technologies to different situations are in high demand.
Our course is built around current and predicted industry requirements and is designed to develop future engineers and data scientists who want to work with business units, marketers, product managers and others to improve business performance. Potential industries for graduates include healthcare, insurance, marketing, engineering and data.
According to the World Economic Forum, there will be 133 million jobs created by 2022 in the 10 emerging roles. This includes roles such as data analysts and scientists, AI and machine learning specialists and general and operations managers.
Artificial Intelligence has the scope to drive solutions to the problems faced by the modern world, whether it's designing a new work environment or introducing smart systems.
There are a number of reasons that you may want to consider studying AI:
- You are interested in the technological solutions of today and curious about technologies of the future
- You have strong problem solving and logical skills, with an explorative and analytical mindset
- You have an interest in developing applied AI solutions to further benefit businesses, society, and world environments
You will learn a number of valuable skills, including:
- The ability to take a problem and identify a range of solutions by assessing the AI possibilities for stakeholders
- Hands-on experience of using open source and commercial AI tools, and a strong understanding of the key concepts such as machine learning, deep learning, emerging technologies and other techniques
- You'll get insight from experts from different faculties at the University and industry, acquiring a professional judgement about applied AI and its wider implications
A unique course
If you choose to study Applied Artificial Intelligence, you'll be taught specific skills that are relevant to this growing and exciting field:
- A pioneering and specialised course that facilitates the development of Applied AI solutions from simple to complex problems.
- You will explore how to develop AI solutions using open source and commercial AI tools without making heavy changes to the architecture
- The course reflects and provides a framework to address the needs of changing business, society and workforces
This is Bradford
You can become the very best version of yourself at the University of Bradford.
It’s a place where amazing things happen.
This is where you’ll expand your mind and make lifelong friends.
This is where you’ll grow, learn, experience.
This is a place you can belong.
And we’ll support you every step of the way.