Counselling & Mental Health
Welcome to the Counselling & Mental Health Service
We are a multi-disciplinary team of skilled and experienced counsellors and mental health advisors who understand how mental health issues can affect your studies, work, and life.
We provide free and confidential counselling, mental health advice, a 24 hour helpline, self-help resources, and workshops for student and staff of the University of Bradford. We also provide counselling for students of Bradford College.
We work in partnership with the local NHS MyWellbeing IAPT Service that provides a range of online support options for students and staff of the University.
Our counselling service is accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
If you are in a crisis situation, please visit our Help in a Crisis page.
How to access our service
- Please register by using one of the buttons below.
- We will offer you a 25 minute Intake Appointment to discuss your needs.
- We will refer you for further support as appropriate.
Whilst you wait for an appointment, please consider...
- Informing your Personal Tutor, Programme Administrator, or Line Manager about your difficulties.
- Contacting your GP, especially if you are experiencing low mood, anxiety or have any worrying physical symptoms.
- Calling Health Assured's 24/7 helpline on 0800 028 3766
- Visiting our self-help page or UBU Help Centre.
Please also refer to the advice, information and guidance available from: