Counselling & Mental Health
Welcome to the Counselling & Mental Health Service
We are a multi-disciplinary team of skilled and experienced counsellors and mental health advisors who understand how mental health issues can affect your studies, work, and life.
We provide free and confidential counselling, mental health advice, a 24 hour helpline, self-help resources, and workshops for student and staff of the University of Bradford. We also provide counselling for students of Bradford College.
We work in partnership with the local NHS MyWellbeing College that provides a range of online support options for students and staff of the University.
Our counselling service is accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
If you are in a crisis situation, please visit our Help in a Crisis page.
For the safety of our students and staff, the majority of our appointments will be by telephone, video, or email. Face-to-face appointments will be limited.
If attending a face-to-face appointment please:
In the meantime, consider…
- Informing your Personal Tutor or Programme Administrator about your difficulties.
- Contacting your GP, especially if you are experiencing low mood, anxiety or have any worrying physical symptoms.
- Visiting our website for self-help information and details of other sources of support.
- The UBU Help Centre also has lots of helpful information.
- Exploring the Coronavirus-specific resources for students available at Student Space.
Please also refer to the advice, information and guidance available from: