Counselling & Mental Health
Welcome to the Counselling & Mental Health Service
We are a multi-disciplinary team of skilled and experienced counsellors and mental health advisors who understand how mental health issues can affect your studies, work, and life.
We work in partnership with the local NHS MyWellbeing IAPT Service that provides a range of online support options for students and staff of the University.
Our counselling service is accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
If you are in a crisis situation, please visit our Urgent Help page.
How to access our service
Whether you want to access counselling or mental health advice, please follow the instructions below:
- Please register by using one of the buttons below.
- We will offer you a 25-minute intake appointment to discuss your needs.
- We will refer you for further support as appropriate.
If you have already registered this academic year and want to access more sessions, no need to register again, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Counselling and Mental Health Services at the University of Bradford Podcast
Whilst you wait for an appointment, please consider...
- Informing your Personal Tutor, Programme Administrator, or Line Manager about your difficulties.
- Contacting your GP, especially if you are experiencing low mood, anxiety or have any worrying physical symptoms.
- Calling Health Assured's 24/7 helpline on 0800 028 3766
- Visiting our self-help page or UBU Help Centre.
Please also refer to the advice, information and guidance available from: