Career Ambassadors - we need your help!
At Career and Employability Services we’re here to help our students and graduates through every stage of their career journey, with help and advice on part-time jobs, internships, further study, graduate jobs and much more.
We want to make sure everyone knows about what we offer, and this is where you come in – we’re looking for a team of Volunteer Career Ambassadors to help spread the word about our services.
So what would you do as a Career Ambassador?
- Tell your friends and classmates about careers – through shout outs in lectures and sharing info via social media.
- Help out at events on campus, including careers fairs and ‘careers on location’.
- Be our student voice and help us improve our services through focus groups and feedback activities.
What does it involve?
- Attending monthly meetings for briefings, review and support
- Helping out at events when you’re available – you can get involved as much as you like
- Keeping a record of what you have done so that we can give you university accreditation
What are the benefits?
- Get an insight into the Careers service and how it can help you!
- Improve your confidence and communication skills and interact with students and staff throughout the university
- And, Career Ambassadors are one of the University-endorsed activities for HEAR, your personalised record of achievement throughout your student life which can help you prove that you are more than just your degree.