Preformulation studies have a significant part to play in anticipating formulation problems and identifying logical paths in both liquid and solid dosage form development. The Centre offers a complete preformulation analytical package that is tailored to the requirements of the client.
Typically, our preformulation analytical package can include any of the following:
- Solubility (aqueous, solvent and biorelevant media), pKa, logP/D;
- Moisture content, sorption analysis;
- Thermal analysis (thermal behaviour, melting point);
- Structural characterization; FTIR, UV/Vis, fluorescence, NMR, MSn;
- Particle morphology, size and size distribution;
- Polymorph and salt screening;
- Solid state and solution stability;
- Drug-excipient compatibility and packaging component compatibility.