Skip to content

Documents for CAS

Documents required 

We require you to send all of these documents to our team as part of the CAS Issuing process, so that we can ensure all of your visa application documents meet the Home Office Requirements. 

The documents you intend to use for your visa application, including mature financial evidence, must be sent to by the document deadline.

Please note that while we conduct these checks for your benefit, you are ultimately responsible for making sure that the documents you submit with your visa application are in line with the Home Office criteria.

Financial requirements

Unless your country is on the Differential Evidence Requirement list, you will need to show you have enough money to pay for the course tuition fees and living costs while in the UK. Visit the government website for detailed UKVI criteria.

Course fees

You will need to show you have enough money to pay for the first year of your course or the entire course, if it is less than 12 months long.

If you pay your tuition fees in full before you apply for your visa, you will only need to show you have the money to support yourself, however you will need to provide evidence in your visa application that this has been paid and / or you can inform the Visa Support team and we can update your CAS letter.

Money to Support Yourself ('Financial requirement')

You must have £1,023 per month for your living expenses for the duration of your course. For your visa application (and for us to issue your CAS), you will need to show that you hold 9 months' living costs (£9,207). If your course is less than 9 months, you need to hold living costs for the full course.

You can follow the steps below to calculate how much money you need to show in your bank statement and/or other financial document. You will need a copy of your offer letter.

  1. Tuition Fee (this will be stated on your offer letter)
  2. Scholarship (scholarship mentioned on your offer letter or if you are eligible for a different discount such as alumni discount, populate this field with the larger discount)
  3. Final tuition fee (this amount should be stated on your CAS): Subtract B from A
    *if you are planning on paying your tuition in full prior to the issuing of the CAS for the early payment discount, take this number and multiply it by 0.97 to get your full tuition fee with the 3% disount. This amount should be the same or less than the amount of the deposit paid.
  4. Deposit payment
  5. Subtract D from C. This is the amount of tuition you still owe.
  6. Number of months you will be studying (if greater than 9, enter 9).
  7. Multiply F by £1,023. This is the amount of maintenance you need to show (for most students this will be £9,207).
  8. Add E and G. This is the amount of money you need to show in your financial evidence.

Please use OANDA to convert this into your local currency.

If you are self-financed, you will need an original personal bank statement to cover a 28 consecutive day period, ending no more than 31 days before the date of your visa application.

Personal bank statements

Your official bank statement must include the following:

  • Your name
  • The account number
  • The date of the statement
  • Contact details for the bank*
  • The bank’s logo
  • The amount of money available

*We may conduct checks with the bank to verify the authenticity of documents provided and be aware that UKVI will do the same

Parents' bank statements

You can use your parents' bank statement as evidence and it must include all the information outlined above. If you are relying on their finances, you will also need to submit:

  • Your original birth certificate or certificate of adoption or court document naming your legal guardian; and
  • A letter from your parent/guardian confirming their relationship to you and giving their permission for you to use their money.

You are not permitted to use other family members bank statements such as an Aunt or Uncle. 

If your spouse is applying as your dependant AND you are travelling together, you may rely on your spouse's bank statement as evidence of the financial requirement for both of you. You cannot use your spouse's statement under any other circumstances.

Types of evidence NOT permitted

You are not allowed to use the following types of evidence to support your financial requirement for your visa application:

  • shares
  • bonds
  • credit cards
  • pensions from which the funds cannot be withdrawn immediately, regardless of notice period
  • company accounts


You may use a Loan Letter to meet the financial requirement. It must meet the following criteria:

  • be dated no more than 6 months before the date of application
  • confirm the loan is a student loan provided to the applicant by either the relevant government or a government sponsored student loan company or an academic or educational loans scheme
  • confirm there are no conditions on release of the loan funds other than a successful application to study in the UK as a Student
  • confirm the amount of the loan
  • confirm the loan is to the applicant
  • confirm the funds will be:
    1. available to the applicant before they travel to the UK; or
    2. paid directly to the student sponsor before the applicant travels to the UK, with any living cost portion of the loan being made available to the applicant by the time they arrive in the UK; or
    3. available before the applicant begins their course if the loan is provided by the applicant’s national government

If you are financially sponsored, the sponsor will need to meet UKVI sponsorship requirements:

  • You can receive official financial sponsorship from Her Majesty’s Government, your home government, the British Council or any international organisation, international company, university or a UK independent school

You will need to provide a letter from your sponsor on official letter-headed paper with their official stamp. The letter must show:

  • Your name;
  • The name and contact details of your official sponsor;
  • The date of the letter;
  • The length of your sponsorship;
  • The amount of money the sponsor is giving you or a statement that your official sponsor will cover all of your course tuition fees and living costs.

This can only be used in lieu of paying the tuition deposit if it is ready by the document and deposit deadlines.

Tuberculosis (TB) testing

Citizens of certain nationalities are required to be screened for Tuberculosis (TB) as part of their visa application process if they are coming to the UK for more than 6 months.

There is a list of the countries you need a TB test that is issued by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). If you are a national of one of these countries or have lived there for more than 6 months, you are required to obtain a 'Clearance Certificate' from an accredited clinic.

You can read a more detailed overview of tuberculosis test requirements outlined by UKVI.

Prior to being issued with a CAS, we will request a copy of the TB certificate, if required. Your TB certificate must be valid at the time of your visa application.

Important CAS Dates

SEPTEMBER 2024 Intake

Postgraduate Programmes

Deposit deadline is 4 August 2024

CAS deadline for all programmes is 4 August 2024

Undergraduate Programmes

Deposit deadline is 30 August 2024

CAS deadline is 30 August 2024


Deposit and CAS documents deadline for all programmes is 29 November 2024.

We must receive your payment of £5,000 toward your tuition by the deposit deadline to provide us enough time to process your CAS. Please find information on how to pay.

We must also have received all of your visa documents by the CAS deadline (i.e. matured financial evidence and TB certificate and/or ATAS if required) by the document submission deadline.

To submit your documents, email them to

These are strict deadlines. We cannot accept any evidence after the deadline. If you will not meet the deadline for any reason, you may want to consider deferring your offer to the next intake. Please contact for more information on deferring.