Skip to content

Paying your deposit and tuition fees

If you have just accepted your offer to study at the University of Bradford, you may be wondering how to get your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) for your Student Visa. Your CAS process will start after you have met the academic conditions as well as the advance payment requirement on your offer letter, either by paying the deposit amount specified or by providing official scholarship or sponsorship documentation.

Our Payzone team is on hand to help and guide you through the process and can also accept payments in person or over the phone.

For full details of paying your fees including details of discounts, payment plans, help and advice can be found at Fees and Financial Support.



You can make a card payment, bank transfer or e-wallet payment via Flywire, who facilitate payments from over 240 countries and territories, in more than 150 currencies.

  • Pay in your local currency or in GBP (£)
  • Avoid bank fees and extra charges
  • Exchange rate guarantee when making a bank transfer - if you find a better rate within two hours, Flywire will match it
  • Track your payment in real-time and receive email and text alerts each step of the way, including a confirmation your payment has been securely delivered to the University
  • 24/7 multilingual support via phone, email or live chat

The advance payment requirement is only intended for self-financing students. If you have provided us with a letter of sponsorship, these arrangements will not apply, and your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) will be sent in the usual way. The sponsorship letter must be acceptable to the University's Finance Team otherwise the advance payment will be required.

The sponsorship letter must also meet UKVI requirements for sponsorship letters if you intend to use this to meet the financial requirement as part of your Student Visa application. Details of the UKVI requirements for sponsors can be found in the Student Visas section.

Please note students sponsored by parents or legal guardians are treated as self-financing.

After your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) has been issued, any additional money paid to the University should be shown on your CAS. If not, you will need to provide an official receipt issued by the University's Finance Team. This receipt must be an original paper receipt showing the amount of money you have paid towards your course fees.

Provided you have not yet used your CAS to apply for your visa, the International Student Support & UKVI Compliance team can update any additional payments on your CAS. This can only be done after we have received a confirmation from the University's Finance Team that your funds have been received in the University's bank account.

International money transfers and similar methods can take longer to reach the University's account, which may result in a delay with additional payments being updated on your CAS by the International Student Support & UKVI Compliance team.

Please note if you have made an additional payment towards your tuition fees, it is your responsibility to inform the International Student Support & UKVI Compliance team. So we can update your CAS, for further information please contact the International Student Support & UKVI Compliance team at or Telephone +44 (0) 1274 236900.

The University currently operates a 3% early payment discount scheme on course fees over 8000 GBP, when payment is received in full before 30 September. If you wish to take advantage of this scheme please deduct 3% from your tuition fees and send the University the remaining amount always quoting your University of Bradford (UB) reference number on correspondence.

The discount scheme will not apply to those who are on programmes for which a reduced fee is charged.

To be eligible for the discount students must be paying fees directly to the University of Bradford.  Fees paid via a third party such as an agent will not attract the early payment discount. Find out more about the early payment discount scheme.

If you have paid the advance payment to obtain a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), at enrolment you will be required to make an additional payment to make the amount paid up to 50% of your total tuition fee.

The remaining 50% balance must be paid by Direct Debit from a UK bank account or credit card. These payments can be made either in two instalments on 28 January and 28 March of the following year, or four instalments on the 28th of each month from December to March.

Further details are available in the making payments in the Fees and Financial Support section.

If you will not be attending the University, you may request a refund of your deposit, minus an administrative fee of £200. This fee is non-refundable. To request a refund, please contact the International Student Support Team with your UB number and reason for refund.

If you are a University of Bradford International College (UBIC) student and require a refund please email the refunds team at OIEG.