The Senate is the supreme academic authority of the University responsible for overseeing academic quality and standards, and shall, subject to the powers reserved to the Council by the Statutes, take such measures and act in such a manner as shall appear to it best calculated to promote the academic work of the University both in teaching and research and shall regulate and superintend the education of the students of the University.
Terms of Reference and Membership
Below are the Membership and Terms of Reference for Senate:
There are a few vacancies which are currently in the process of nomination/election and will be updated once these are in place.
Meeting Dates 2022-23
- Wednesday 02 November 2022 (deadline for receipt of documents 12 noon, 19 October 2022),
- Wednesday 01 February 2023 (deadline for receipt of documents 12 noon, 18 January 2023),
- Wednesday 26 April 2023 (deadline for receipt of documents 12 noon, 12 April 2023),
- Wednesday 12 July 2023 (deadline for receipt of documents 12 noon 28 June 2023).
NB Late documents will not normally be accepted and will be deferred to the next meeting.
Summary reports from Senate are available by following this link to Senate Summaries and Minutes
Powers of the Senate
Senate has powers as defined in the University Statutes article 20(1) - (31) (see )
Committees that report to Senate
Below is a list of committees that report directly to Senate: -
- Learning and Teaching Committee;
- Research and Knowledge Transfer Strategy Committee
- Awards Sub-Committee of Senate
- Faculty Boards
Committees that report to Senate and Council
Below is a list of committees that report to both Senate and Council: -
- Honorary Degrees Committee;
- University Ethics Committee.
Please contact Governance@bradford.ac.uk for any queries relating to this committee and membership.