Our student handbook contains all the information you need to know before you join us.
Welcome to the University of Bradford
It's time to start getting excited about starting your journey as a member of #TeamBradford.
This page contains tips and advice on how to make the most of your experience and time here, as well as some of the things you can do to ensure that you arrive prepared and ready for your studies.
In addition to the below tips, please make sure you complete the 'Before you start' process.
Before you arrive
There are a number of things you can do prior to starting your studies with us which will hopefully result in the transition to university life being as smooth as possible:
- If you're studying on campus, you should plan your journey to Bradford beforehand. You might need to think about commuting to campus or applying for a parking permit
- Access the Step Up to HE online resources in Canvas.
- If you are starting in September consider booking on to one of our Step Up to HE programmes to support your transition in to Study.
- Check out the support that will be available to you as a University of Bradford student
- Register with the Bradford Student Health Service, and the Disability Service
- If you have a child under-5, contact our Ofsted outstanding Nursery to enquire about places available
- Take a virtual campus tour
- Join in with our Freshers events
- Get connected - follow us on social media and read our latest blogs
Make the most of Welcome week
Welcome week will take place during your first week as a student with us. Here are some top tips for making the most of it:
- Explore the city and your new surroundings - our Discover Bradford guide will help
- Join the Student Creators Hub and create blogs, vlogs and social media takeovers to learn new skills and get rewarded
- Check out the Students' Union to join sports clubs and societies, and find out more about life on campus
- Visit Unique Fitness to check out the facilities and get access to free taster sessions
Find out when your course is due to start.
By car, bus, or train. Find out how to get to the University of Bradford campus.
If you'd like to talk to someone directly, you can contact us via email or phone.
Find out more about The Green, the University of Bradford's on-site student village.
Find out more about the financial support available at the University of Bradford.
Check out our advice on studying at Bradford for International students.
Check out our induction process for Postgraduate Research students.
Many of our programmes accept late arrivals and we can provide tailored support to help you catch up on any study you have missed.
The latest date you can arrive for your programme is confirmed in your offer letter.
If you think you are going to be late please complete the form in the Late arrival section.