The University of Bradford offers staff and students the opportunity to obtain a parking permit for one of two campus car parks. For those who don't need to park on-site regularly, occasional user permits are available.
We also offer parking arrangements for those who are visiting the University campus.
Applying for a permit
Applications for parking permits open in September for the following academic year but can also be made at any point throughout the year. Before you make an application, please read the parking policy.
Once an application form is received and processed, applicants will be notified by email whether their application has been successful or not. Student parking permits are virtual and no paper permits will be issued.
- Blue Badge holders will receive permits free of charge.
- A motorcycle permit costs £41 per year.
- Refunds will only be considered in exceptional circumstances. Applications for refunds must be evidence based with a covering letter submitted to Car Parking, Richmond Building, Richmond Road, Bradford, BD7 1DP.
- Cost as follows: Main Campus - £105.60 (2 day), £158.40 (3 day) or £240.00 (5 day). Laisteridge Lane - £117.50 (5 day).
- A reserved permit costs as follows: £160.00 (2 day), £240.00 (3 day) and £377.00 (5 day).
- Car pool permits are £117.50 per year.
- An accessible staff permit costs £7.64 per month (2 day), £11.46 per month (3 day) or £17.36 per month (5 day).
- Cost £120.00 (Main Campus) and £51.00 (Laisteridge Lane) and cover a 12 month period. There is also a 3 day permit available for £79.20.
- An accessible student permit costs £8.68 a month, or £5.73 a month for a 3 day permit.
The permit system will only validate one vehicle registration on a permit when parking on site. If you have registered more than one vehicle on a parking permit, you must ensure that the correct vehicle registration is active before parking on campus.
Staff and current students may apply by registering on PermitSmarti. Occasional permits can also be bought via PermitSmarti.
Occasional car park users may apply for an occasional permit, allowing them to park on site for £3 a day.
These permits are available to staff and students who use a motor vehicle, attend for work or study infrequently (a few hours a week) or occasionally hire vehicles for business purposes.
They can only be issued where spaces are available and may be suspended when car parks become overcrowded.
We offer visitor parking permits for short (under 3hrs) or all day (longer than 3hrs) parking.
Visitors must present themselves to the University Reception Desk in the Richmond Building to obtain a visitor parking permit.
All short term visitors to the city campus will be directed to the short term visitor car park, which can be accessed via the University's Tumbling Hill Street entrance (BD7 1DB).
Permits for this car park will only be available from Richmond Building Reception and parking will be offered on a first come, first served basis. If the visitor car park is full, security will direct visitors to the nearest pay and display car park. If demand in the general car park is low, they may direct visitors to park there using a visitor permit.
All visitors must obtain and display a valid Parking Permit clearly in the windscreen of their vehicle within 15 minutes of parking.
If you are visiting the University for a specific event, the organisers will be able to offer information regarding parking arrangements.
The University also has a number of electric vehicle parking bays on campus based at Longside Lane A and Tumbling Hill Street.
Staff may apply for an electric car parking permit which will allow the free charging of their vehicles in one of the designated electric charging bays. Users will only be permitted to park in the bay for a maximum of three hours and will then need to move their vehicle to an ordinary parking bay. Should vehicles not be moved they shall be liable to receive a Civil Parking Notice of £60. Vehicle makes and models will be checked before an electric car parking permit is issued.
Parking permit costs for electric vehicles are in line with existing charges for petrol/diesel vehicles.
How to find us
- City campus map (PDF, 2MB)
- Campus plan with disabled parking spaces (PDF, 4.1MB)
- City campus car park capacities (PDF, 206kB)
University of Bradford
Sat Nav: BD7 1PP