Supporting new students
Starting university is an exciting time for both you and the young adults in your care. When a young adult joins us here at the University of Bradford, you can be assured they will be well-supported and looked after throughout their studies.
As well as cutting-edge facilities and expert lecturers, they will also have access to a whole host of different support services and spend their time studying in a secure and safe environment.
Due to data protection issues, we can't speak to you directly about the young adults in your care - but be assured - they're in safe hands.
Here to help
The transition to university life is an important one, and we’re here to help, no matter what the problem may be.
Our dedicated MyBradford team have a wealth of experience and understanding to help students access the support services they need to be a success.
They will have access to:
Security staff patrol all areas of the University on foot and by vehicle throughout the day and night. There is an extensive system of CCTV cameras, intruder alarms and access control in all areas of University property for your safety and security.
The Security and Emergency Services Office is located in the Atrium of the Richmond Building. It is staffed at all times of the day and night, with staff available to help you with any problems that you may have.
Our on-campus student village has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. However, residents can also feel safe and secure, with:
- 24-hour security and CCTV
- Unique fob access to each living area
- Secured by Design accreditation
- A team of wardens
The SafeZone app offers our students peace of mind when they're studying or relaxing on campus.
It is free to download, easy to use and has lots of really useful features:
- Quickly and discretely send a location-based alert to our security team whenever you need an immediate emergency response, first aid or any other general assistance
- Keep up to date through notifications sent directly to your phone if there is an incident on campus
- ‘Check in’ any time of day to tell us where you are on campus 24/7