Welcome to PGR at Bradford
We are a friendly and dedicated community of researchers
This page is for our Post-graduate Researchers (PGR) who are just arriving at the University.
There are induction events throughout your first weeks to help you:
- meet other researchers within your research area and across the university
- opt-in to taster sessions* that can familiarise you doctoral-level study and begin your expert skills development.
*Rooms are yet to be confirmed for most events, these will be added late-Sept so that you know where to attend for the different sessions.
- Compulsory induction events for all new PG Researchers (even if you have studied at Bradford in the past) occur during your 1st and 3rd weeks and are indicated.
- All other training sessions are optional and designed to help you get off to a good start with your research. Follow us on Twitter for updates on training & resources.
- For a synopsis of each session to help you decide, please click on the link.
- Find The PGR Lounge and any other buildings on campus where induction events are taking place using its campus map number. Just scroll down a little to download the map.
|Date||Time||Session||Maps to RDF||Facilitator||Building & Room||Map #|
|Mon 30th Sept||various||
Faculty-based induction event:
Your Director of Postgraduate Research.
The schedule & venue for the day will be emailed to you from your receiving Faculty.
|Weds 2nd Oct||11:00-12:00||Library Services for Researchers||A1, A2||Sarah George||JB Priestley Library 01.58||11|
|Thurs 3rd Oct||10:00-11:30||Completing Your Training Needs Analysis||A3, B1, B2, B3||Dr Russell Delderfield||Chesham B4.02||9|
|Thurs 3rd Oct||13:00-15:00||Understanding the Doctorate and its Milestones||A3, B1, B3, C2, C3||Dr Russell Delderfield||
|Thurs 10th Oct||13:00-15:00||Successful Working with Your Supervisor||A3, B1, D1, D2||Dr Russell Delderfield||Chesham C2.06||10|
|Fri 11th Oct||11:00-12:00||Professional Networking Skills for Researchers||B2, B3, D1||Gillian Coyle||Richmond F8||1|
|Tues 15th Oct||11:00-12:00||Research Ethics at Bradford – the Basics||C1, C2||Dr Russell Delderfield||Horton D01.25||8|
|Tues 15th Oct||13:00-15:00||The Qualitative Methodologist||A1, A2||Dr Russell Delderfield||Chesham B0.26A||9|
|Fri 18th Oct||10:00-13:00||
University Induction – for all doctoral researchers, irrespective of discipline.
Tier 4 Visa: Essential Information for international candidates.
|B3, C1, C3||Your University PGR Support Team||Richmond C9||1|
I'm looking forward to meeting you,
Follow us on Twitter to find out about:
- Latest sessions and how to book
- #UoBresearchculture events on and off campus
- Changes to training and new events
- Links to external training and resources.