Support for teachers and schools
Many Special Collections will be of great interest to schools. For example our J. B. Priestley Archive or historic material on peace and politics. We are keen to work closely with teachers, especially those in the Bradford area.
Some examples of what we can offer.
- Advice for teachers on how to make the most of Special Collections (ours and others).
- Primary sources and support for A-level students doing research projects.
- Visits for small groups to the Reading Room (with teacher), as a taster to allow students to see real archives.
- Pre-booked discussions on social media e.g. Twitter conversations.
- Learning objects based on the collections.
We usually provide these services as part of Library or University programmes or in partnership with local museums or other groups. Please bear in mind that we are a small service and that there are practical limits to what we can do. Our set-up and collections are best suited to Year 11 and above, though there is scope for working with younger age groups.
To discuss the possibilities in more detail, please contact Julie Parry, University Archivist.