Your graduation ceremony is a rite of passage - a significant milestone in your life. The ceremony signifies that you have completed your studies, as you are led out of the hall and into your future.
It's also a celebration of your achievement, to share with family, friends, coursemates and those who have taught and influenced you in your time at the University of Bradford.
- Invitations to the ceremonies are issued to all final year students in anticipation of the successful completion of their course in time for the ceremonies. You must not wait to receive your results before you register your wish to attend. If you are unsuccessful your attendance will be automatically cancelled.
- Invitations are issued via e:Vision and an email notifying you of the invitation will be sent to your student email account and any personal account held on file. Please ensure that the details the University holds for you are correct. Invitations are not sent via post.
- If you or your guests require an invitation letter for visa purposes, please see our travelling from overseas section.
- The deadline for completing your ceremony reply must be adhered to in order to guarantee guest tickets for the ceremony. The date will be advertised as part of the invitation process. Your place in the ceremony can not be guaranteed if you reply after the advertised date.
- Students who owe a debt to the University which is not cleared by the advertised deadline will forfeit their chance to attend the ceremonies and will be unable to defer their attendance to a future ceremony. If you need to discuss this please contact Credit Control as soon as possible.
- Research Students can submit MPhil and PhD theses, for Viva Voce examination, all year round. We are, therefore, not always able to predict when students expect to graduate. If you believe that you are eligible to graduate and have not received an invitation please contact the Research Team or the Ceremonies Team for assistance.
Share your big moment with StageClip
You can purchase a personalised digital video clip as a keepsake memento of your academic achievement.
Each clip will capture the moment you are on the stage being presented with your degree award, and will be available for you to download shortly after the ceremony has finished.
Your video will be less than a minute long to ensure you can share it across all your favourite social media channels.
We are working with a company called StageClip to provide this service and the cost of purchasing your personalised digital video is £9.99.
Your clip will be ready to purchase shortly after your ceremony - just search for your name here. We'll announce on our social media channels when the clips are available for you to access.