At the University of Bradford our focus is on creating the conditions for social, cultural and economic impact. We will achieve this by using our proud heritage as a springboard and remaining steadfast in our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion. We will harness our strengths in research, innovation, teaching and partnerships to extend our reputation, influence and impact. All of this will create a values-led culture that is inclusive and effective in enriching lives and benefitting society.
Our mission is to drive sustainable social and economic development, through outstanding teaching, research and innovation.
Our vision is a world of inclusion and equality of opportunity, where people want to, and can, make a difference. We will be known as the place to be, to make that difference.
Diversity is a source of strength, to be understood, valued, supported and leveraged.
We give invention light and celebrate creativity of thought and action.
Trust is the foundation of our relationships, gained through integrity in all we do.
Our commitment to quality is at the heart of everything we do.
Our Strategic Objectives
- We will be a values-led, high-performance organisation confident in our shared culture and clear purpose;
- We will have established a high-quality student and staff experience;
- We will have a portfolio of high-quality, engaging and inspirational programmes delivered through quality learning and teaching practice;
- We will have increased the quality, quantity and impact of our research, innovation and knowledge exchange;
- We will have increased our impact within Bradford and the Leeds City Region by enhancing our contribution to the regional economic strategy through well-developed and mutually beneficial relationships with local and regional partners;
- We will have increased our impact on social and economic growth locally, nationally and globally;
- We will have embedded a consideration of the impact of equality and diversity into all aspects of our work;
- We will have embedded a consideration of our contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals into all aspects of our research, learning, teaching and operations.
We will create an inclusive learning culture and transformative university experience that empowers our students to realise their ambitions and make a positive difference to the world.
Research and Innovation
We will empower and encourages our researchers to deliver internationally leading, interdisciplinary research and innovation that will shape and benefit future societies.
We will be a university city that shares knowledge in order to strengthen health, wealth and confidence across the many communities in which our students, staff and alumni participate.
We will be recognised as an exemplar for bringing about transformational diversity, inclusion and social mobility through the critical role of leadership in embedding intersectional EDI in order to make our diversity count and deliver impact.
Our four enabling plans will underpin delivery of our strategic objectives:
Our People Plan will foster an environment that generates high performance and success of our workforce, as individuals and collectively.
Our Estates and Infrastructure Plan provides the criteria for our investment decisions and shapes our programme of maintenance and development.
Through our Brand, Communications and Marketing Plan we will develop a distinctive narrative and visual identity with the energy and integrity to engage our main audiences.
Our Finance and Performance Plan will ensure financial viability and sustainability - enabling investment in the future of the University to the benefit of our students.