Her working with young people tackling domestic abuse within relationships using an innovative computer game.
Research impact takes many forms, as changes beyond academia to the economy, society, culture, public policy or services, health, the environment or quality of life, that take place as a consequence of research.
The impact case studies below demonstrate the real-world differences University of Bradford researchers are creating with their research in diverse areas across our key research themes of health and care, the engineered environment and sustainable societies.
We've also curated a selection of innovations and inventions that the University of Bradford has given the world, which demonstrates the legacy of our research since the University's inception in 1966.
Our research innovations have a positive impact on society, read some of our recent success stories and insights below.
An overview of her career exploring the applications of conversational AI.
Dr Elies talks about his work looking at the cardiovascular system and air pollution.
Her research into disaster management and game-based learning.
Business and community engagement research stories
Our videos below show some examples of how organisations and communities benefit from our research.
Our research supported Rakusen’s to successfully rebrand the business as a technology driven enterprise and achieve its objective to increase exports.
We partnered with Health Innovations to successfully scale up the EfferShield effervescent technology in products for the UK and international markets.
Bradford researchers supported Bradford Council to successfully develop a ‘Digital Twin’ of the city centre which was awarded the Queen’s Anniversary prize.
- Dr Karina Croucher - The Role of Archaeology in Grief
- Continuing Bonds: exploring the meaning and legacy of death through past and contemporary practice
- Visualising Heritage - 3D modelling of archaeological artefacts and monuments
- Visualising Heritage continued
- Stonehenge Hidden Landscapes
- Research in Conversation - Continuing Bonds, Understanding Bereavement
Business and economics
Peace and social studies
- Academic profile: Gill Kirkman
- Academic profile: Dr Samina Karim
- Academic profile: Prof Fiona Macaulay
- Changing police attitudes and practices around violence against women and girls in Brazil
- Research in Conversation - Policing Gender-Based Violence (video)
- Dr Samina Karim - Tackling Child Abuse in Pakistan
- Research in Conversation - Building Resilience Through Heritage (video)
The environment and climate change
See the full list of articles
Our blog articles are also arranged by category on our Research blog page.
The scope of our research community extends beyond our regional and national roots; it also encompasses research into issues that affect areas of Africa, Asia and beyond, which have implications for the world as a whole.
Poverty, poor health, climate change, energy and water supply, food security and conflict are problems that can impact us all, so we are working with international charities, companies, universities, government partners and communities to improve our research and share knowledge.