Apply for a postgraduate taught degree
How to apply
You can apply for postgraduate taught courses at any time - for entry this year or next.
New student? Find out how to apply online.
Current University of Bradford student? Use our Fast-Track application form to apply for up to three Master's courses.
Not ready to apply? Search for a course, register for postgraduate updates, or make an enquiry.
The four stages of the application process are outlined below:
1. Choose your course
Search our full range of postgraduate courses.
You can find details of the following on the individual course pages:
- Available start dates
- Part and full-time options
- Course duration
- Location; whether the course is taught on-campus, online or with a blended approach
- Entry requirements
- Any special application requirements
2. Complete your application
You can apply for the majority of our postgraduate taught courses by creating an account on our applicant portal and completing the form.
- Apply for courses starting September 2022 - August 2023
- Apply for courses starting September 2023 - August 2024
Paper application forms
If you're unable to complete an online application, you can email our Admissions team to request a paper application form.
Current students - Fast-Track application form
Current students can use our Fast-Track application form to apply for up to three Master's courses in a matter of minutes.
Supporting documents - what will you need?
You'll need the following documents, as well as any other information specified on the course page:
- Degree certificates/transcripts
- Two references, including one academic reference
- Evidence of English language level, if required
- A copy of your passport
3. Your application is processed
When you submit your application, it will be sent to the relevant office to be processed.
You will be given access to the University's applicant portal.
How do we make our decision?
- Applications are assessed against a pre-determined set of criteria to determine whether you are suitable for the course
- We look carefully at your existing qualifications and any you are currently studying for, along with any relevant work experience
- We may need to request further information from you - or your application may be passed on to an academic in your chosen area to help make a decision
The University of Bradford is committed to ensuring that our admissions policy and procedures are transparent, followed fairly, courteously and consistently.
4. Your offer and acceptance
- Our Admissions team will send you the formal decision by email. It will also be available on the Applicant Portal
- If you have been successful, you can accept the offer by replying to the email, or through the Applicant Portal
- Once you have accepted and have met any outstanding conditions, you will be sent a final confirmation by email
UK and EU students: your final acceptance will be sent in the post.
International students: your final acceptance will be emailed to you with your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) statement. Your CAS number is required for your visa application.
Not ready to apply?
Find a course, register your details or make an enquiry.