Experts by Experience
Our Experts by Experience group work together with us in research, education, and training. There are a range of opportunities for people to get involved, which include:
- Creating, checking and marking the courses we provide
- Advising us and working with us to develop and carry out current and future research
- Working with us to improve dementia care
- Training members of the care workforce with us
- Raising awareness and challenging stigma
Everyone affected by dementia is welcome to become an Expert by Experience and we are committed to involving people with dementia from diagnosis onwards. We are particularly keen to recruit people whose lives have been touched by dementia but whose voices are less often heard, including women, people over 80, members of Black, Asian, Eastern European or other diverse communities, those who live in care homes, and members of LGBTQ groups.
Our Experts by Experience hold regular events at the University and online, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. We also publish a quarterly newsletter written with people with dementia, family carers and our team at the University.
You can also visit our Experts by Experience Facebook page.
View our Newsletters.