Learning and assessment
Our Circular Economy MBA programme consists of three stages:
- 20-credit core modules – designed to help you get back in to learning and provide fundamental knowledge of management principles and theory, before leading into an in-depth understanding of specialist topics that are essential and relevant to the contemporary commercial world
- 10-credit core modules – designed to help you explore contemporary management topics in more detail
- Management project – enables you to put the knowledge and skills gained throughout the programme to practical use on a relevant management issue
Your knowledge and understanding of each subject area studied will be assessed by the most appropriate means. This will typically involve the completion of a written assignment, an exam, or in some cases an assignment and an exam.
How you study
Each module contains study units that you will progress through each week under the guidance of a module leader. This equates to approximately 14-16 hours of study per week.
If work or family life is particularly busy we offer flexibility for completion of the MBA in two to three years.
Find out more
Register for an online event:
You may decide that you want to accelerate your studies, learn about a particular subject area, study alongside other University of Bradford School of Management students, or simply broaden your horizons and spend some time studying overseas. You can do this by studying up to 20 credits in block modules (i.e: three days of intensive study) at no extra cost (other than travel, accommodation, and subsistence) at the School of Management or at our partner institution in Dubai (within COVID travel guidelines and regulations).
University of Bradford School of Management (UK)
Distance Learners can join elective block modules, which are taught at the School of Management in Bradford.
Students are welcome to attend these blocks, having the opportunity to: "study business in your own little village and gaze out on stunning views stretching to the Yorkshire Dales and Haworth, the Bronte home" (The Independent Newspaper, A-Z of Business Schools).
With our students coming from varying backgrounds, attendance at these block sessions gives you a real opportunity to learn not only from some world-renowned academics but also from your classmates. Please note that access to these modules is subject to availability.
University of Bradford School of Management (Dubai)
Our Dubai MBA programme has now been running for more than a decade. Students can attend elective blocks at our study centre in Dubai's Knowledge Village. These block modules run over a three-day period. Please note that access to these modules is subject to availability.
Each module has been designed so that your understanding and knowledge is developed through using a variety of materials from textbooks and academic journal papers through to video clips, podcasts, online discussions and live online tutorials.
For each module, you will be provided with electronic access to readings, the core textbook, and discussion boards through our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
While distance learning allows you to study at a time, place and pace to suit your needs, we ensure that you will never feel like you are studying alone. When studying a module you will attend live online tutorials with an academic. You can also discuss topics with other distance learning students and academics through discussion boards and informal networking sessions online.
Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
The University of Bradford School of Management uses a virtual learning environment. Each module you study will have a dedicated site containing:
- Guidance on the assessment used for the module
- PowerPoint slides and lecture recordings
- Access to Zoom for live tutorials
- Key readings selected by Bradford academics from leading academic journals, trade publications and broadsheet newspapers
- Selected audio and video clips helping to underline your knowledge and understanding of particular subject areas
- Additional non-compulsory readings enabling you to further engage with a subject and advance your understanding
- Formative assessments allowing you to monitor your understanding and get instant feedback on your progression
University of Bradford School of Management Library
As a distance learning student, you will have access to the University's online library resources. This means that wherever you are in the world, you can access thousands of academic journals, market reports and textbooks all from your computer.
Distance learning students also have their own dedicated librarian who can provide students with photocopies of various materials including journal papers, book chapters, and company reports.
Academic Skills Advice Service
It may be some time since you last studied for a formal qualification, and some of your key learning skills such as essay writing, critical analysis, and revision may require some attention. The School of Management Academic Skills Advice Service can provide you with all the help you need to overcome such obstacles. A variety of additional information is available, and you can also book a one-to-one consultation with our effective learning advisor.
Find out about the support available to all our students.
The Circular Economy components of the course are based on the latest research and thought leadership from around the world, supported by our academic partnership with the Ellen MacArthur Foundation.