This course is subject to validation. You can still apply for this course while it is being approved.
MSc Clinical Pharmacy and Healthcare Leadership is ideal for non-UK registered pharmacists who want to develop the clinical and leadership skills to deliver person-centred care to patients.
You will learn about:
- clinical areas such as respiratory, cardiovascular, diabetes, infectious diseases, mental health and cancer care, their treatments, and how co-morbidities and patient values and beliefs can impact on treatment decisions
- consulting effectively with a patient so they feel listened to and involved in their care
- identifying and managing risks and making shared decisions with patients about their care and ongoing treatment plan from a patient safety perspective
- monitoring medications and making changes and deprescribing when appropriate
- leading in a healthcare environment including personal leadership styles and influencing skills, and change and project management
The healthcare leadership aspect of the programme will enable and empower you to lead developments and innovations in pharmacy practice in an environment where you may be the only pharmacist.
You will also learn how to communicate your strategic vision effectively and to lead a team to implement and monitor the resultant changes, including evaluation of services.
Combining clinical pharmacy and leadership skills will put you in an ideal position to lead the way in the development of innovative clinical pharmacy services.
- An MPharm degree or international equivalent at 2:2 or above
- Registration with the relevant pharmacy regulator in your country of practice
All places offered are subject to a satisfactory local police check and an occupational health check.
English language requirements
- IELTS score of 7 overall with at least 6.5 in each of the four subsets
If you do not meet the IELTS requirement, and you have a UKVI approved IELTS, you can take a University of Bradford pre-sessional English course. See the Language Centre for more details. For further information on English Language requirements please see the dedicated international entry requirements page.
Fees, finance and scholarships
Tuition fee 2024
The following fees are subject to formal approval.
- £24,180 (with placement)
- £20,468 (without placement)
There may be additional costs that you may incur as a student. Though these are not essential to your programme of study you need to be aware of them as a student of the University. A list of the sort of costs you might expect can be found on our fees and finance section.