Learning and assessment
We have worked closely with our industry partners to develop a four year part-time apprenticeship. The course is rigorous, flexible and responsive to employer needs and features:
- a pace that considers working patterns
- an annual summer school to teach chemistry practical skills
- a structured framework for a work-place mentor and distance supervisors
- training for the apprentices’ work-place mentor in our world leading Management School.
- elective modules designed to meet industry needs
- support for companies wishing to develop their own module content for electives
- an annual review of programme with partner companies
- networking opportunities for partner companies
The apprentice will spend 20% of their week on core topics including organic, inorganic, physical, analytical and practical chemistry.
This course is designed to give employers flexibility in their apprentice’s training schedule, whilst ensuring they get training in all aspects of chemical science expected from a standard undergraduate degree. This route of learning is highly desirable to students and can attract the best talent from schools and colleges.