Before you arrive, its important that you have all the information you need, so you can collect your keys, start unpacking and kick start your new life in Bradford.
This page contains all the information you need to know about applying and moving in to The Green, as well as other important information regarding your tenancy.
If you've completed and accepted an offer for accommodation you should go straight to: Reception, The Green.
If you have accepted your offer of accommodation at The Green, you can collect your keys from The Orchard Reception located in the heart of The Green student village.
For privately-owned halls of residence, key collection is usually from the reception desk in those halls. Full details will be in your offer of accommodation.
Students living in private accommodation should arrange an arrival date and time and your key collection directly with your landlord.
Arriving by car
- Free car parking is available over the moving-in weekend in University car parks on Longside Lane.
- On arrival please park and make your way down to The Orchard, The Green, to book in and collect your room key.
- Once you have your room key, visit your house/flat.
- You can then collect your car and drive on to The Green near where you'll be living to offload your belongings.
- As the site is very busy you will be asked to offload as quickly as possible and then move your car back to the main car park.
- Over the moving in weekend student volunteers and staff will be based around the site to keep traffic moving and help you move in.
The Big Move In
We make sure you get a warm welcome when you arrive on campus for the first time - and our sport teams and societies will even be on-hand to help you with your luggage. There will be tons of social activities happening at The Green and on campus when you arrive.
Living at The Green means you'll be a part of a close-knit community. Our Green Ambassadors are a team of students that organise social events, trips and games - so you'll have plenty of opportunities to meet new people and make lots as friends as soon as you arrive.
The important stuff
The following sections contain important information regarding your tenancy agreement at The Green.
We ask for a £50 deposit to secure a room with us. This payment will need to be made when you accept your offer of accommodation and this will secure your booking. The deposit is returnable when your tenancy ends, providing you have not incurred any cleaning or damage charges and you are not in rent arrears.
Please note, that once this fee is paid and a booking is accepted, you will be liable for the full rent after a 14 day cooling-off period. Your deposit is fully refundable if your place to study at the University of Bradford is rejected.
Students offered and accepting accommodation in The Green will be required to accept the Assured Short-hold Tenancy Agreement online.
Please note the tenancy will be between the tenant student and the landlord, Surtees Management Company Ltd, not the University of Bradford.
The Green is a partnership between the University of Bradford and Surtees Management Co Ltd.
Surtees Management Co Ltd owns the buildings; however, the University and its Accommodation Team have the responsibility to administer the lettings, manage the tenancy contracts and provide all the services in The Green to students. The University's Accommodation Team are highly experienced in providing an excellent quality of service to our customers - the students.
Accepting a place in The Green creates a legally binding contract between you and Surtees Management Company Limited, the provider of this accommodation.
The University of Bradford is working in partnership with Endsleigh, the UK’s No. 1 student insurance provider, to protect the contents inside your room. You don’t need to do anything to activate this cover, but it is important for you to check and ensure that you fully understand the protection provided and whether it is sufficient for your needs.
The policy number is: HH1237
Visit check your cover to:
- Check your level of cover
- Review key exclusions and limitations
- Check your policy excess
- Learn how to make a claim
- Extend and personalise your cover to protect laptops, phones and other valuables
Endsleigh are the only insurance provider recommended by NUS and will replace any lost, stolen or unrepairable gadgets within 24 hours of your claim being approved. Their cover can protect gadgets, watches, bikes and musical instruments under one policy—giving you the flexibility to build your cover to protect the things that matter to you most.
It is worth spending a few minutes to establish whether the things that matter to you most are protected both inside and outside your room - to find out more, visit check your cover.
The below list contains all of the furnishings and fixtures that are included in your accommodation.
- Townhouse: 1 bed - 1067mm x 2058mm (includes large under-bed storage)
- Apartment: 1 bed - 1220mm x 2068mm (includes large under-bed storage)
- A wardrobe with full length mirror on the inside of the door
- Desk Chair
- A drawer unit with three drawers
- Pin board
- Carpet – all rooms are carpeted
- Wash hand basin
- Shower curtain
- Shelving for toiletries
- Towel rail
- Clothing hooks
- A full range of modern quality fitted base and wall units
- Full oven and hob
- Extractor unit
- Iron and ironing board
- General waste bin
- Recycling waste bin
- Mop and bucket
- Dust pan and brush
- Vacuum cleaner
- Sweeping brush
- Dining table
- Dining chairs
- Breakfast bar
- Faux leather sofas
- Coffee table