University of Bradford open for Clearing
With A-level and vocational qualifications such as BTEC results out on Thursday, Clearing may be an option for many students.
The message from administration staff at University of Bradford is: ‘Don’t panic. Come and talk to us.’
Claire Pryke, Admissions Lead at the University, said: “Students may choose to apply for courses through Clearing for a variety of reasons. Some may not have received the grades they needed and may be looking for different options or want some advice on next steps. Others may have done better. Some may just want to change their minds about the university or course they want. The simple message is: if you are interested in applying through Clearing, just come and have a conversation with us on 0808 196 9129.”
The University of Bradford has a range of options for students. These include:
- ‘Self-apply’ tool allowing students to input results via the website
- Dedicated Clearing website with advice and contact details
- Campus-based Clearing call centre, open from 8am on Thursday August 17
- Clearing undergraduate open day on campus on Saturday August 19, with talks, subject tours and a chance to meet staff and students and get a feel for campus - book your place here
Clearing has been open since July 5 but the majority of students will apply through Clearing after getting their results on August 17.
Claire Pryke added: “We talk to a wide range of students through Clearing, some students don’t have the results they needed, some have better results than they expected. Others apply directly through Clearing, rather than during the main UCAS cycle. There is still time to apply to start university in September.
“We have a wide range of degree programmes, and it is always worth speaking with an academic about other opportunities if your original course choice is full, as there may be another course that interests you.
“We also have foundation routes for many of our programmes, providing support to students who may not have achieved the grades for their first choice of programme. These routes will enable students to undertake an extra year of study, enabling them to still reach their final goal.
“It’s always a good idea to do some research before Clearing so you have a shortlist of universities to call on results day morning. We also have an open day on Saturday 19 August.”
There are a wide variety of programmes with places still available including:-
- Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science
- Computer science
- Biomedical and clinical sciences
- Working with Children, Young People and Families
- Clinical Technology
- Business, management, accounting and finance
Advise on Clearing is available using the following links::