International Day of disabled Persons 2017 Update
Please join n-able on Monday 4 December for our Purple Light Up event to celebrate International Day of Disabled People.
Our #PurpleLightUp event will include:
- Lighting up the Atrium and Amphitheatre in purple (from 3-8 December)
- n-able stand in the Richmond Atrium (11am – 2pm) with information, face paint / glitter, and purple freebies including donations from Chewits and Ribena.
- Purple themed food / cakes in University catering outlets.
- Events in the Library, FoML and Students' Union.
- Purple pictures, tweets and posts on social media - please join in!
- City walk / scoot / wheel from the Atrium at 3.30pm to follow the #makeBradfordpurple route.
n-able’s wider aim is to spread the purple theme into the city and #makeBradfordpurple. To date we have confirmed support from:
- Bradford Council – they will light up the Mirror Pool, City Hall Clock Tower, Forster Square arches and the Old Library in purple and put our event on the big screen in City Park.
- The Alhambra will light up purple.
- Bradford College are going to ask their staff / students to wear purple and see if they can light up purple too.
We would like to invite all staff and students to wear purple on the day to show their support for the #PurpleLightUp and donate 50p (optional) to our chosen local charity. Collections buckets will be at our stand, on the Library Counter, Students' Union and FoML (location to be confirmed).