International Student Support & UKVI Compliance Team
The International Student Support team will assist and support you throughout the process of your Student Visa application.
Available support includes:
- how to make a successful Student Visa application
- complying with the Student Visa rules during your studies
- meeting our Student Visa sponsor licence requirements
- advice relating to other student-related visa and immigration issues
We will continue to support you during your studies here at the University of Bradford with matters concerning your visa and immigration responsibilities and with general welfare support all the way through to your Graduation.
Immigration rules are changing all the time and it is important you have the most up to date information to allow you to make a Student Visa application.
As a new student to the University of Bradford, we can advise on the CAS process and assist you with making a successful visa application for you and your family, including advising on financial requirements, TB Testing, and ATAS Clearance.
We offer practice credibility interviews, and visa support webinars, as well as webinars on planning your journey to Bradford.
You will also find information on , , what to do once your and . We organise an airport pick up service and orientation programme for new students; more information on this can be found 'Get prepared' page.
EU Nationals – Visa changes from 1 January 2021
Freedom of movement between the UK and EU ends on 31 December 2020 and from 1st January 2021 the UK will implement a points-based immigration system.
- International students, including EU, EEA and Swiss citizens, can now apply for a visa to study in the UK in 2021.
- All prospective international students, including EU, EEA and Swiss nationals coming to the UK on or after 1 January 2021 for a course longer than 6 months will need to apply to the Student route, or the Child Student route if they are aged between 4-17 years old.
- EU, EEA and Swiss students and their family members who are resident in the UK by 31 December 2020 are eligible to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme and should not apply under the points-based immigration system. EU citizens must have started living in the UK by 31 December 2020 to be eligible to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme and should apply by 30 June 2021. Students should still apply to the EU Settlement Scheme even if they do not intend to stay in the UK long-term. It is free to apply and applications can be made online on GOV.UK
- EU, EEA and Swiss students can continue to visit the UK for up to 6 months without applying for a visa and may participate in short term study.
Important Visa Dates for the September Intake
Deposit Payment Deadline: 20 August 2021 (or 03 September 2021 for countries on the differential evidence requirement list)
- We must receive your payment of £2000 toward your tuition by this date to provide us enough time to process your CAS. Please find information on how to pay here.
You can find out more and register here.
- Visa Application - Wednesday 18 August 2021, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM BST
- CAS Issuing - Thursday 26 August 2021, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM BST
- Pre-arrival Information - Thursday 2 September 2021, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM BST
- Email email@example.com
- Telephone +44 (0)1274 236900
Daily drop-in sessions
Students can also speak to a member of our International Student Support & UKVI Compliance team:
- Monday to Friday, 11.00am to 12.00pm, at MyBradford - Student Support, Richmond Building,
Or our International Student Advisor:
- Tuesday and Thursday, 11.00pm to 12.00pm, at MyBradford - Student Support, Richmond Building.
What to do when you get your offer letter
Find out more about visas, paying tuition fees, and accommodation.
Most international students will require a Student Visa to study in the UK. Find out more about the visa requirements and how to apply.
Arriving in the UK
Find our more about what to do once you have your visa or have arrived in the UK.
EU settlement scheme
The EU settlement scheme protects the residence of EU, non-EU EEA and Swiss citizens living in the UK before the end of the Brexit transition period
Terms of service
The International Student Support & UKVI Compliance Team terms of service.