Careers at University of Bradford
A great student experience starts with our people.
Working at the University of Bradford isn’t just about having a job – it’s about having a career. Whether in an academic role, a member of support staff, or in Professional Services, we will invest in your ongoing development, ensure you feel happy and supported at work and make you feel part of something worthwhile.
We recognise all contributions - large or small - play a part in the wider student experience and are vital to the overall success of the organisation.
This is why the first thing we look for in people is the right attitude: the ability to stand in our students shoes, the drive to go the extra mile, and the confidence to work as part of a team committed to supporting a seamless student experience.
In return we provide the right environment and support for you to make a difference, put your ideas into action, and share learning, best practice and ideas with your colleagues.
Whichever role is right for you - you’ll soon feel part of our team and enjoy being part of our success. You’ll work with great people and as the University develops and succeeds, you’ll grow and develop too.
We aim to provide every one of our employees with a positive working environment, continued professional development and a commitment to work-life balance and equal opportunities.
We’re looking for people who live our values, love a challenge and will go the extra mile to make things happen. Working in any of our functions isn’t easy, but if you’ve got the right attitude, it’s very rewarding and highly satisfying.
The University offers a wide range of excellent facilities and benefits to staff. Find more information in the Reward and benefits section.
Information for agencies
We get a lot of interest from recruitment agencies and - although we appreciate the interest you have in supporting us - we can't work with all of you.
Wherever possible, the University of Bradford recruits candidates directly and promotes from within. Sometimes we do need the support of a recruitment agency and for this we operate a preferred supplier list for all permanent, temporary and contract recruitment.
We will not accept any speculative CVs from recruitment businesses/agencies and you should not contact our colleagues at the University of Bradford directly. If we need your help and support with any vacancies we will make contact with you.
If you are interested in being a supplier to the University of Bradford and wish to be considered in the next review, please email your company details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University is committed to promoting equality, diversity and an inclusive and supportive environment for its students, staff and others closely associated with its work.
In particular, the University will:
- Promote diversity in its students and staff by recognising the particular contributions to the achievement of the University's mission that can be made by individuals with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Promote and maintain an inclusive and supportive study and work environment.
- Affirm the rights of individuals to be treated fairly and with respect and afford opportunities to fulfil their potential.
- Remain committed to ensuring that all stages of the recruitment process are conducted fairly and effectively.
- Seek to appoint the best candidate for the job based on competence and merit.
- Encourage applications from candidates with disabilities and is committed to ensuring any reasonable adjustments are made throughout the selection process and as required should a successful candidate with a declared disability undertake the post.
- Ensure that current employment legislation is complied with throughout the entire recruitment process.
- Ensure applications are dealt with in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure all candidates will have a positive experience regardless of the application outcome.
- Ensure all documentation relating to applicants will be treated confidentially in accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA).
The University are proud supporters of the ‘Disability Confident’ scheme. ‘Disability Confident' accreditation is given to organisations that are committed to employing, supporting and prompting disabled people in the workplace.
Disability Confident Scheme FAQ
If you require this information in an alternative format, please contact our team.