This module provides students with the opportunity to explore and critically analyse the role of the advanced practitioner as a leader and role model. It develops skills in leading innovation and change, whilst understanding the challenges facing service delivery.
Upon completion students will be able to:
- evaluate the relationship between leadership and management roles
- analyse theories and approaches to service improvement innovation and change within the health sector
- analyse and evaluate a range of theories and developments in leadership and management thinking in relation to the health and social care context
- analyse and evaluate the role of the advanced practitioner in relation to sustainability
- explore health reforms, national and local policy issues affecting the health and care sectors
- analyse the management of service improvement, innovation and change
- apply theories and tools to effectively design and lead services for a sustainable future
- discuss the current environment and analyse the implications for management and leadership
- apply a range of theories in order to lead practice effectively
What you will study
The Leadership for Advanced Practitioners module can be taken as a standalone module for those interested in developing their leadership competencies. It is also a core module for the MSc Advanced Practice module.
Fees, finance and scholarships
Fees are dependent upon the number of credits required.
- 10 credits £528
- 20 credits £1,055
- 30 credits £1,584
- Dissertation Module (if applicable) £2,285
The University is committed to helping students develop and enhance employability and this is an integral part of many programmes. Specialist support is available throughout the course from Career and Employability Services including help to find part-time work while studying, placements, vacation work and graduate vacancies. Students are encouraged to access this support at an early stage and to use the extensive resources on the Careers website.
Discussing options with specialist advisers helps to clarify plans through exploring options and refining skills of job-hunting. In most of our programmes there is direct input by Career Development Advisers into the curriculum or through specially arranged workshops.
This module will support your career progression in your chosen field.
You can choose to build upon this module with further study that can lead to a full MSc award.