The International Referral Programme
Terms and Conditions
The purpose of this Programme is to recognise and reward alumni and current students who share their experiences and benefits of undertaking study with the University of Bradford (UoB) with people they know (i.e. family, friends or colleagues). By encouraging and supporting a prospective student to enrol at the UoB, both parties could receive a financial reward.
‘Referrer’ is the term used for an individual who refers a friend, family member or colleague. ‘Referred Student’ is used for the student who is being referred to the UoB. ‘Referral’ is the term used for the act of referring a student to the UoB.
This Programme will be open between 15/10/2020 and 13/01/2023 and will be reviewed throughout this period. The UoB may decide to extend the above period, amend the terms and conditions, and or adapt the Programme i.e. by excluding certain countries or markets if so required.
Eligibility Criteria for Participants
- The Programme is open to all alumni of the UoB who have successfully graduated from a full-time, part-time or distance learning programme.
- The Programme is also open to current UoB students considered to be in ‘good standing’ (i.e. not suspended, withdrawn or a debtor).
- Some alumni and current students may be excluded from applying (see below for who is not eligible to participate).
2. Referred Students
- Referred Students must represent new students that have not previously applied, enquired or enrolled on any UoB programme (i.e. not already in the UoB database of active and prospective students or alumni). Previous applicants or enquirers will be eligible to be referred providing they last enquired or applied over two years ago. Former UoB students or graduates cannot be referred.
- Referred Students who have already applied to the UoB through an alternative application platform (e.g. UCAS) will have one week from the date of their application to complete and verify any subsequent retrospective referral submission.
- Referred Students can be from any overseas country and/or any nationality (i.e. non-UK nationals and residents).
- Referred Students from non-EU countries (until 31st July 2021*) must be paying ‘international fees’ and not ‘home fees’ (home fees = the tuition fee rate British & EU nationals pay to study at the UoB). *From 31st July 2021, UK Universities will set their own fees for EU nationals.
- Referred Students can enrol on to any degree or accredited course or programme (lasting 12 months or longer) at the UoB (this includes undergraduate, postgraduate taught and research, full-time, part-time, and online) except the Distance Learning MBA Programme.
- To be eligible for a reward, Referred Students must provide their personal details by completing a referral form using a link/URL which will be sent to them by their Referrer.
- Referred Students must enrol on a programme of study at the UoB within 12 months of being referred (this period commences once a personalised URL is generated after their Referrer submits their form).
- Referred Students must be shown to be engaging well with their course (i.e. have a good level of attendance - at least 60%).
- Referred Students can apply for a scholarship after making their initial application following a referral.
- To qualify for a reward, Referred Students must successfully enrol on to their chosen programme, be up to date with their tuition fee payments (unless they receive a scholarship) and successfully complete their first academic semester (typically between 3 to 6 months).
3. Who is not eligible to participate
- Employees of the UoB (includes full-time, part-time and associate staff who are contracted to the UoB) are prohibited from participation as a Referrer or a Referred Student. This does not include Alumni Ambassadors or International Alumni Representatives.
- Referred Students who are employed by any organisation with whom the UoB has a corporate partnership agreement are excluded from participation in the Programme. Note: Referrers who are employed in these organisations are eligible to refer others.
- Recruitment Agents (i.e. individuals, or representatives of organisations, acting in an agency capacity who generate income from identifying potential international students and facilitating their application and enrolment at education institutions) with whom the UoB has a working relationship or existing contractual agreement.
- Anyone who exercises personal consultation with a prospective student after an enquiry or application has been submitted.
- Referred Students who are not classified as overseas nationals or residents (i.e. are considered UK nationals or residents) are not eligible to be referred.
- Referred Students who enrol at the UoB through an ‘agency’, will not be considered as valid Referrals. By the word ‘agency’, we mean any organisation or individual agent which supports the recruitment of international students to the UoB and receives a commission for doing so. Note: Referred Students who subsequently take up the services of a recruitment agency after being Referred as part of this Programme would thereby invalidate the referral process and no longer be eligible for a reward (and nor would their Referrer). The UoB will ensure all Referred Students who apply and enrol are verified as non-agent students.
4. Rewards for Referrers
- For each successful referral, Referrers will receive a financial reward of up to £500 (via bank transfer) in either February/March or June/July (depending on the date of enrolment of the Referred Student).
- In all cases, a successful referral is achieved when all required conditions detailed in section 6 are met.
- Referrers can choose to transfer their reward to their Referred Student and they should notify the UoB in writing to arrange payment in this case.
- There is no limit to the number of rewards that a Referrer can pass on to an individual Referred Student.
- Referrers can also choose to donate their reward (in part or in full) to the UoB’s Scholarship or Student Hardship funds.
- Referrers can submit any number of referrals under the Programme per academic year.
- Reward payments for each successful referral application under the Programme may be subject to taxes according to the laws of the country of residence of the Referrer.
- UoB reserves the right to not make a reward payment if a Referral is invalidated at any time prior to the payment due date.
5. Rewards for Referred students
- Referred Students will receive their reward of up to £500 in the form of a tuition fee deduction from their set tuition fees. This fee deduction shall be applied once the enrolled referred student has completed their first semester and upon passing final eligability checks. These rewards will be paid in line with the referer rewards (listed in 4.1).
- In all cases, the reward for a Referral is activated when all required conditions detailed in section 6 are met.
- Rewards for Referred Students will not impact on other financial support available to them such as bursaries or scholarships.
- Only when Referred Students have fully paid their tuition fees, may they recieve a £500 cash reward instead.
6. Conditions for the processing of a referral application
- Referred Students must successfully enrol at the UoB and remain on their programme of study for the irfirst academic semester (minimum of 12 weeks), and be shown to be engaging well with their course (i.e. have a good level of attendance - over 60%).
- At the end of their first academic semester, the referred student must not be indebted to the UoB in any way whatsoever or subject to any disciplinary procedure(s), including relating to academic matters.
- Referred Students must come to the UoB unattached and not linked with any recruitment agency or partner institution or organisation (i.e. NCUK or INTO).
- The Referrer must not be in a dispute with or be indebted to the UoB.
- Rewards are made to Referrers on a first-come-first-served basis (i.e. if a student is referred by more than one Referrer, the first referral application will be deemed the only valid one – unless the Referred Student specifies otherwise).
- Bank details of successful Referrers will be requested (and should be provided) upon the confirmation that a reward payment will be processed.
The UoB reserves the right to alter the terms and conditions of the Programme at any point.
For any further enquiries please email email@example.com