Our research expertise can be applied to the following industry areas:
- Wood replacement material
- Shape-memory polymers for use in medical implants
- Oriented polymer stent
- Hot compacted PP
We can deliver our expertise to companies using a range of services determined by identifying what you need:
- Contract research projects
- Collaborative research projects- Answering a question- New IP is generated- Dedicated staff (PhD studentship, Post Doctoral Research Assistants) recruited if necessary
- Licensing Opportunities
- Facilities usage
- Conferencing space (meeting, demonstrations of technology/equipment)
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP)
- Final year student project
- Student placements
Die drawing of polymers more durable than wood
Research into die drawing of polymers at Bradford has resulted in a new building material that is stronger and more durable than wood.
The wood replacement material is commercialised by the United Forest Products/Dow USA 2010 spin out company Eovations LLC >> for use in a range of construction applications.
Shape-memory polymers for use in medical implants
Our die drawing expertise has resulted in new shape-memory polymers for use in medical implants that reduce patient trauma and costs. The bioresorbable shape-memory polymers have recently been patented (4 patents filed) by Smith & Nephew for use in soft tissue fixations. These impacts form part of a range of exploitations of our oriented polymer technology.
Oriented polymer stent
ArterioSorb™ >> die drawn/laser cut oriented PLLA bioresorbable stent - a die drawing end product.
Hot compacted PP
Hot compacted PP (CURV >>) successfully commercialised by Propex Fabrics (formerly BP).
Brackets (reducing aesthetic impact)
High value - treatment costs $600