Skip to content

Making your advance fee and fee payments

If you have just accepted your offer to study at the University of Bradford, you may be wondering how to get your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) for your Student Visa. Your CAS process will start after you have met both the academic conditions and the advance payment requirement on your offer letter.

You can either pay the advance fee amount on your offer letter, or provide your sponsorship documentation to confirm your official sponsorship, to meet the advance payment required.

Full details on how to pay your fees, including details of fees, discounts, payment plans, and help and advice can be found at Fees and Financial Support.

Additional information

You can make a card payment, bank transfer or e-wallet payment via Flywire, who facilitate payments from over 240 countries and territories, in more than 150 currencies.

  • Pay in your local currency or in GBP (£)
  • Avoid bank fees and extra charges
  • Exchange rate guarantee when making a bank transfer - if you find a better rate within two hours, Flywire will match it
  • Track your payment in real-time and receive email and text alerts each step of the way, including a confirmation your payment has been securely delivered to the University
  • 24/7 multilingual support via phone, email or live chat

The advance payment requirement is only intended for self-financing students. If you have provided us with a letter of sponsorship, these arrangements will not apply, and your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) will be sent in the usual way. The sponsorship letter must be acceptable to the University's Finance Team otherwise the advance payment will be required.

The sponsorship letter must also meet UKVI requirements for sponsorship letters if you intend to use this to meet the financial requirement as part of your Student Visa application. Details of the UKVI requirements for sponsors can be found in the Student Visas section.

Please note students sponsored by parents or legal guardians are treated as self-financing.

After your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) has been issued, any additional money paid to the University should be shown on your CAS. If not, you will need to provide an official receipt issued by the University's Finance Team. This receipt must be an original paper receipt showing the amount of money you have paid towards your course fees.

Provided you have not yet used your CAS to apply for your visa, the Visa Support Team can update any additional payments on your CAS. This can only be done after we have received a confirmation from the University's Finance Team that your funds have been received in the University's bank account.

International money transfers and similar methods can take longer to reach the University's account, which may result in a delay with additional payments being updated on your CAS by the Visa Support Team.

Please note if you have made an additional payment towards your tuition fees, it is your responsibility to inform the Visa Support Team. So we can update your CAS, for further information please contact the Visa Support Team at or Telephone +44 (0) 1274 236900.

The University currently operates a 3% early payment discount scheme to students paying their annual tuition fee in full at the start of their course. The discount is offered on net annual tuition fees of £8,000 or over (after all fee scholarships/discounts have been deducted and does not include bench fees).

Find out more about the early payment discount scheme.

To complete your enrolment with the University, you need to make a minimum payment of 50% of the fee charge confirmed in your offer letter.  We advise making this payment before you travel to the UK.  

The advance fee payment you have already made to receive your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) can be used towards this minimum payment.  If the amount paid is lower than 50% of your fee charge, you will need to make an additional payment to meet this condition to complete your enrolment.

The remaining balance is due for payment, in equal instalments, by the dates in the payment plan below for your enrolment period:

Enrolment period Payment due by date
September / October Due by 16 January and 01 April
January / February  Due by 01 May and 01 August
April Due by 01 July and 01 October
June Due by 01 September and 16 January
July Due by 01 October and 01 February

These are the University’s payment terms and form part of your Student Contract if you study with us.

Further details on fee charges, scholarships and bursaries, discounts and payment terms are available in the Fees and Financial Support section.

If you will not be attending the University, you may request a refund of your deposit, minus an administrative fee of £200. This fee is non-refundable. To request a refund, please contact the Visa Support Team with your UB number and reason for refund.

If you are a University of Bradford International College (UBIC) student and require a refund please email the refunds team at OIEG.