Why Study Abroad?
Broaden your horizons
- Deepen and broaden your understanding of world, political and economic issues by seeing it from the perspective of a different society.
- Experience first-hand how another culture or community live on a day-to-day basis.
- Find out how other countries view your home country and its role in international affairs.
- Graduates who have participated in Study Abroad programmes stand out from other graduates.
- Study Abroad students are seen as more motivated, inquisitive, flexible, independent and willing to try new things - qualities that employers look for.
- Employers know that you will have international knowledge, cross-cultural communication skills, analytical skills and the ability to overcome problems in unfamiliar surroundings.
- By living and learning in an unfamiliar environment, you will discover qualities you never knew you had.
- Overcome challenges of learning in a different academic environment, immersed yourself in a different culture and made new friends from different backgrounds.
- If you live in a country where English is not the native language, you will learn the importance of learning and using another language.
- Study Abroad students often return home with increased confidence and a sense of pride in what they have achieved.
- If you ever thought about living or working overseas, this is the best time to try it.
- Benefit from travelling and living abroad as you further your studies with support from the University.
- Fee waivers, discounts, grants, scholarships and travel awards - these are some forms of financial assistance available for the various types of Study Abroad programmes.