Support available for you
You'll have access to:
8.30 - 17.00, Monday to Friday
The service will be closed every first Wednesday from 10.00 – 11.30am.
- Richmond Building - main entrance foyer
- Student Central, Level 0.
Telephone: +44 (0) 1274 236981
- Providing responses to queries and giving information and basic advice, support and guidance.
- Booking one to one appointments with specialist support and services where appropriate
- Council Tax exemption enquiries
- DBS ID checks
- Student confirmation/registration letters, such as bank and visa letters
- Staff and student ID cards
- Enquiries regarding changes to the student record, change of circumstances, applications for submission extensions, and extenuating circumstancesCampus and city information
- Assistance from the International Student Advisor
- Programme, study and enrolment support
- Award ceremony information
- Copy and/or replacement certificate and transcript requests
- Certifying University-produced documents
Student Life Team
The Student Life Team provides a variety of services for students who find themselves in need of additional support whilst at University. We provide initial advice on issues which may be affecting your general welfare.
If you are not sure who to ask for advice, or you just need to talk to someone in a quiet and confidential space, we’re here.
Examples of support could be:
- Applications to our Student Support Fund in times of financial difficulty (we cannot fund tuition fees)
- Advice and guidance in relation to student finance issues
- Support with difficult situations which arise from everyday life
- Referrals on to external and internal services
- Support with accommodation issues
- Learning to cook
Get in touch
The Disability Service is part of Student and Academic Services. They provide information, advice and guidance whether you are an applicant, current or international disabled student.
Disability can mean different things to different people. By the term ‘disabled students’ we mean any student with:
- specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia
- mental health difficulties
- a long term health condition
- a physical or sensory impairment
The Disability Service's contact details are:
Tolerance and respect for religions and beliefs are important at the University of Bradford. The city has places of worship for most faiths and religions and many of these are close to our campus.
The Interfaith Chaplaincy team represent various faith groups and provide spiritual support and pastoral care for staff and students of all faiths and none.
You can contact us via email before, during or after your time at the University.
Counselling and wellbeing
Our Counselling Service provides a free and confidential service to all students and staff of the University of Bradford and Bradford College. In addition to counselling, we offer a range of support including self-help materials and wellbeing workshops.
We are completely independent of your academic studies or workplace and do not share information with staff in these areas.
Initial appointments and drop-in sessions are available in Student Central, 9:00-17:00, Monday to Friday. Reception is open 9:00-16:30.