I have substantial and sustained experience in teaching a range of subject areas including:
- Social work with vulnerable children and families including the use of observation, theories of child development, legal frameworks and interventions in child protection and child care practice.
- Poverty and social exclusion.
- Equality, diversity, ethics and values.
- Care management including services delivery, managing change, recruitment/selection, work performance planning/evaluation, effective working relationships and problem solving. ·
- Social work methods including groupwork and interpersonal skills.
- Sociological and psychological perspectives of human development across the life span.
- Administrative context of social work.
- Service users’ and carers’ perspectives
- Preparation for readiness for practice, practice placement learning, reflective practice, personal and professional development.I have substantial and sustained specialist experience of
- Social Work with Children and Families, including direct work with children.
- Young carers – children who provide (unpaid) care to ill, disabled and other family members.
- Service user and carer participation in Social Work Education, service delivery, research and policy development.