BiographyJulie started her academic career at Sheffield Business School as a researcher and taught on a range of business and management under and postgraduate courses.Julie worked at De Montfort University as programme leader and designed and developed Masters programmes, taught on a range of modules and supervised dissertations.
Since starting at Bradford University Julie has developed and delivered a range of postgraduate programmes, modules and bespoke provision. She worked collaboratively with Yorkshire Cancer Network to deliver management workshops for senior NHS consultants and nurses and with Yorkshire Ambulance Service on a workforce development project and educational provision. As part of the Faculty of Health international work, Julie and colleagues developed the MSc in International Health Management which has been successfully delivered in Dubai.
Julie’s research interests and publications span a number of public sector areas and include NHS workforce development, employee relations, performance management and leadership. She has worked collaboratively with colleagues from other Universities on different projects and is currently looking at the effects of the living wage for the UK social care workforce in care homes and trade unions approaches to leadership development and mentoring.
Julie is on the Associate Board of Work, Employment and Society and a reviewer. Julie regularly reviews for Economy and Industrial Democracy and New Technology, Work and Employment.
Julie led the Faculty of Heath Studies successful bid for Athena SWAN Bronze award.
Health and Social Care Policy Strategy
Human Resource Management
Human Resource Management
ResearchCurrent research examining the effects of the living wage for the UK social care workforce in care homes. This is joint research with Professor Peter Prowse and Dr. Jereme Snook (both at Sheffield Hallam University)
Collaborative research examining trade unions approach to leadership development and mentoring programmes with Professor Peter Prowse (Sheffield Hallam University) and Dr. Rob Perrott (Bradford Business School)
- 01-JAN-14: , Academic Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- 01-JAN-09: , Member of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Qualified: Qualified Myers Briggs
- Certified Coach and Mentor: Institute of Leadership and Management Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
- Fellow: Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Certified: City and Guilds Further and Adult Teachers Certificate
- Registered Member: Registered General Nurse, St. George’s Hospital, London. (Shortened training)
- Research: Funding - National HE science, technology, engineering and mathematics- STEM Project. Mathematics Support in the National Health Service: Applying Proven Practices to Workforce Upskilling. (£5K).
- Research: Funding - Kent County Council, worked with colleagues based in School of Dementia Studies and delivered the Developing Leadership in Person-Centred Care course (SDI received a portion of this).