BiographyOver 20 years of pharmacist experience starting from preregistration training in 1994-95 at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary and followed with junior pharmacist rotation in acute hospital pharmacy Arrowe Park Hospital where successfully completed the Liverpool John Moores PG Clinical Diploma. Locum work in hospital and community pharmacy whilst pursuing foreign travel. Following locum work spent 5 years in community pharmacy as manager of independent community pharmacies. A return to hospital pharmacy in 2003 when took on the highly rewarding role of mental health pharmacist in a psychiatric hospital(s) in Bradford and Leeds until taking up the new role in University of Bradford in January 2017.
- inspiring a new generation of PG pharmacists who can adapt to any working environment in this ever changing healthcare climate
- helping all students (UG and PG) achieve their goals through support as academic tutor
- highlighting the importance of good mental health for all by motivating the next generation to actively embrace this overlooked area of clinical practice.
- Bradford School of Pharmacy Learning and Teaching Committee,
- 01-JAN-94: Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen. - BSc
- John Moore University, Liverpool - Postgraduate Diploma
- 01-JAN-04: Aston University - Certificate
- 01-AUG-95: Professional membership body
- 15-OCT-15: Pharmacist and technician regulator
- Educational charity to champion mental health
- Educational group to discuss current MH issues